A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Caputo 00 pizzeria Los Angeles  (Read 358 times)

Offline mrmafix

• I Love Pizza!
Caputo 00 pizzeria Los Angeles
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:07:22 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone had success buying 50lb bags of Caputo 00 Pizzeria in the Los Angeles area?  I am tired of buying the re-packaged 5lb bags on Amazon since I have been shorted twice already.  Thank you! 

Offline Gene in Acadiana

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Caputo 00 pizzeria Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
If you can't find it locally, you might want to try ordering a full bag from a more reliable/trustworthy online store instead of Amazon. I never had a problem with repacks from Amazon but after reading so many bad reviews about being shorted or packages arriving either damaged or bug-infested, I decided to give BrickOvenBaker a try as they seem like they have their act together and are on top of things. Their prices also are very comparable even with shipping. Others here have mentioned Webstaurantstore although their shipping seem a little high to me. 

If I could find someone locally who would want to split a full bag, I would go that route but 55 lbs is a bit much for me at this point.

Good luck!

Offline mrmafix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »
If you can't find it locally, you might want to try ordering a full bag from a more reliable/trustworthy online store instead of Amazon. I never had a problem with repacks from Amazon but after reading so many bad reviews about being shorted or packages arriving either damaged or bug-infested, I decided to give BrickOvenBaker a try as they seem like they have their act together and are on top of things. Their prices also are very comparable even with shipping. Others here have mentioned Webstaurantstore although their shipping seem a little high to me. 

If I could find someone locally who would want to split a full bag, I would go that route but 55 lbs is a bit much for me at this point.

Good luck!

BrickOven is charging $62 to ship it out to me, the bag itself is only $42.  Also, it seems like BrickOven sells their repackaged Caputo on Amazon. 

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:14:22 PM »
Many foodservice distributors like Sysco will sell on a cash-and-carry basis at their will-call window. It's worth a quick call to find out.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Gene in Acadiana

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 03:49:54 AM »
BrickOven is charging $62 to ship it out to me, the bag itself is only $42.  Also, it seems like BrickOven sells their repackaged Caputo on Amazon.

$20 to ship 55 lbs across the country seems reasonable to me.

Offline mrmafix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 11:43:35 AM »
$20 to ship 55 lbs across the country seems reasonable to me.

$62 to ship, not total.  $105 total. 

Offline mrmafix

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 11:43:58 AM »
Many foodservice distributors like Sysco will sell on a cash-and-carry basis at their will-call window. It's worth a quick call to find out.

Craig,

Will definitely call around, thanks for the heads up! 

Offline [email protected]

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 04:01:48 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone had success buying 50lb bags of Caputo 00 Pizzeria in the Los Angeles area?  I am tired of buying the re-packaged 5lb bags on Amazon since I have been shorted twice already.  Thank you!

I live in San Diego and get it shipped from Megans Desserts.  It is $46 plus $22 shipping to SD.   They are located in Claremont, so you could pick up and save the shipping costs.    They also have 50lb bags of GM Neapolitan for $26 and is a good substitute.

wordpress