A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)  (Read 151420 times)

Offline bschenk8

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)
« Reply #2140 on: January 19, 2021, 11:29:44 AM »
Wow Obsauced and thezaman youíre inspirations! Amazing pizza.

A few pies from my most recent bake. Iím using mike essens dough recipe to make both the bar style and NY style. NY style is my favorite kind of pizza, but 12 inches for an NY style za doesnít quite do the trick for me

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2141 on: January 20, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
Obsauced/Mike...above you showed a round pie and a square and mentioned 85/90 hydration...im thinking that was for the square.. where did the round hydration come in? All looks great!

Offline gobsmacked

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2142 on: January 24, 2021, 08:08:37 PM »
This apartment startup pizzeria uses Breville. Impressive results.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2143 on: January 24, 2021, 09:56:46 PM »
This apartment startup pizzeria uses Breville. Impressive results.

Thanks for sharing that great video.

This is not just some rando Brooklyn hipster with a Breville in her apartment trying to bring in some extra income during the lockdown. Very impressive person on all levels. FWIW, the Breville oven settings at 13:56 look to be around:

Deck 700F
Top 700F
TC #3

She says her dough uses a blend of Caputo and some other mysterious flour. I'd guess it is the Tony Gemignani Flour from Central Milling.

Offline kuhne

« Reply #2144 on: January 25, 2021, 02:33:33 AM »
Hey all. Havenít made pizzas in a bit. Covid world has been weird.

Anyway, made a few the kids today, Le 5 Stgioni 00 flour, 48 hour cold ferment 24 hour bulk 24 hour balled)
fresh yeast, evoo, mozzarella, cheddar and pepperoni.

When I bake for the kids o use the pre set wood fired oven setting and turn the right knob all the way to the left.

I usually set to manual settings and crank up the heat for my pizzas.

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2145 on: January 25, 2021, 07:48:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing that great video.

This is not just some rando Brooklyn hipster with a Breville in her apartment trying to bring in some extra income during the lockdown. Very impressive person on all levels. FWIW, the Breville oven settings at 13:56 look to be around:

Deck 700F
Top 700F
TC #3

She says her dough uses a blend of Caputo and some other mysterious flour. I'd guess it is the Tony Gemignani Flour from Central Milling.

that was a great video.  thanks gobsmacked for posting it.   I was just going to go back and check her settings - thanks Bill
Deb

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2146 on: January 25, 2021, 11:57:25 AM »
If I was young, starting out, and hungry I would get a small storefront, with take-out window, a Breville or two and start baking pies.

I am kind of retired in a beach town, and I have to stop and control myself any time I see a spot.
It would be simple and quick to set up,  and running it _could_ be fun.

Perry

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 11:59:11 AM by pizzaboyfan »

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2147 on: January 25, 2021, 12:03:28 PM »
I haven't cooked a pie in 6 months, but knocked these out with my eyes mostly closed.
Love the Breville

Offline kuhne

« Reply #2148 on: January 26, 2021, 12:45:34 AM »
If I was young, starting out, and hungry I would get a small storefront, with take-out window, a Breville or two and start baking pies.

I am kind of retired in a beach town, and I have to stop and control myself any time I see a spot.
It would be simple and quick to set up,  and running it _could_ be fun.

Perry

Sounds fun. Iíve gotten those ideas myself. It would completely throw a wrench in my life and it wouldnít make much sense to do that now but making pizzas is fun

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2149 on: January 31, 2021, 01:10:33 PM »
Another round of Roberta's dough (50% CM Gemignani 00, 50% CM Beehive, 67.3%, 28h CF).

I don't think this dough is fantastic, but it's really versatile and extremely easy to shape and get off the peel. Sorry no photos (is it even worth posting without them?) but they disappeared as soon as I pulled them. I think I've dialed in my temps for this dough - deck 650F and top 600F or 575F depending on the topping. Crust dial to "even".

Four pizzas - one pepperoni, one kale/pancetta/onion/cheddar (lowered top temp on this because the salted/oiled kale is atop the cheese), one pineapple, red onion, pickled jalapeŮo with prosciutto off the heat, and my last pizza is always my "whatever's left on the cutting board" pizza. So it had pepperoni, pineapple, onion, pancetta, mozzarella and cheddar.

They all came out great. I'm loving this little oven.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2150 on: February 04, 2021, 03:20:02 AM »
Whatcha got there, Pboyfan? Birthday pizza? Yours? Nice pies!

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2151 on: February 04, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
My first Neapolitan. Naturally leavened with my sourdough starter using Craig's guidance from his old thread. Basically:

Starter 1.5%
Water 68.5%
Salt 3%
CM 00 Flour 100%

18h RT ferment ~65F
24h overnight ferment outdoors ~45F-58F range with the last three hours indoors.

Dough balls 250g

I was pretty happy with the outcome, considering. The white pizza is home cured pancetta and home grown spinach with mozz and grana. The margherita is, well, a margherita. My own canned tomatoes and basil, though.

Offline earlobe

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2152 on: February 16, 2021, 12:35:59 AM »
Another set tonight. Some issues with this one - I could have left it on a bit longer, top is slightly underdone, the mozzarella is slightly too thick, and the pizza sauce is slightly too wet. But you know what? I more than slightly ate it.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #2153 on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:03 PM »
 3 degree below zero so I cooked inside using Breville pizzaiolo. Raised stone from Italy in the 800 series oven. A little more then 90 seconds which included a turn. Still enjoy this oven a lot

Offline novusogden

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2154 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:29 AM »
Really happy with my pie from last night. It's 62% hydration, cooked for a little more than 2 minutes with deck 750 and top 650 and selector on even. I like a slightly more cooked pizza and this one was dead on for me.

Offline miz_en_plaz

« Reply #2155 on: February 20, 2021, 11:06:23 AM »
Can anyone confirm they have successfully used some steel in the pizzaiolo? I see mention of a Larry Steel, and obsauced is getting insane bakes with a 550 deck 650 top which is just fail settings on stock (for me at least). For stock I need a hotter deck then top temp, and I have a hard time getting a good color on the bottom before the top burns.

If you have used a steel in the oven, which steel is it? Do you just lay it on top?

Offline miz_en_plaz

« Reply #2156 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:33 PM »
Really happy with my pie from last night. It's 62% hydration, cooked for a little more than 2 minutes with deck 750 and top 650 and selector on even. I like a slightly more cooked pizza and this one was dead on for me.

Just want to cheers novusogden, these cook settings provided my best bake in the pizzaiolo yet. I should mention that this dough was from Noel Brohner Slow Rise intermediate class, and I was really taken back by how good this dough was. It was the first time I _really_ dialed in the temperature of the dough, perhaps that made the difference after all. It had a nice thin leathery outside but soft in the middle. Just splendid.

Offline novusogden

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2157 on: February 21, 2021, 01:03:44 PM »
Looks great. That exactly the type of pizza I like too.