A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)  (Read 68107 times)

Offline kuhne

Re: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)
« Reply #1280 on: March 16, 2019, 09:28:38 AM »
Hi, I have baked 300 gram pizzas using the stone and a full 12 inch size. You are not limited too 200 grams.if you get the floor into the high 700 for your bake it will work fine. Your dough looks very young in this picture. A very nice start. Allow your new batch of dough a good amount of time at room temperature. Depending on the amount of yeast room rise 4 to 6 hours.

Yeah Iíll try to remove them from the fridge 4 hours before baking and see how that works out.
Isnít 300grams a bit too big for this oven? At that weight the dough will barely have to be stretched wouldnít it? Next time Iíll try 250 grams again.

Your pizzas look great, glad to see you think it outperforms the UUNI. Weíre these also with the second stone in manual mode and every knob to the right?

Thanks!

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1281 on: March 16, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »
yes it was full on all knobs. i am going to give the unni another try. this was using the UK version with a US regulator. i have a us unit that i will install  tonight.

Offline kuhne

« Reply #1282 on: March 16, 2019, 07:47:26 PM »
Ok so here are 3 experiments. I had those 3 dough balls I talked about, I removed them from the fridge earlier today and left them around 3 to 4 hours in the counter in their glad containers. Just as a reminder this is caputo 00 with 65% water.
The first two pictures are of a pizza using the second stone, manual mode with everything to the max setting, for 90 seconds, giving it a spin at the 60 mark.

The next two pictures are a second pizza, same as the first one but this one didnít get a spin at all, it got the full time inside without never opening the glass door. Except for the end, when I took it out at the 90 second mark I noticed the crust was very white, it didnít brown much, I realized it was because I loaded the pizza in very quickly after the first experiment and didnít let the oven get some temp back, so I put it back in for about another 20 seconds, more or less in the same position as it originally was as to try to salvage the experiment.

The last 3 pictures are after I left the oven cool down a bit, removed the second stone, turned back to the default mode and hit the wood fire oven setting and then let it come back to temperature in that setting. I loaded the pizza in and simply left it for the 2 default minutes the oven has, without a spin.

My first reaction after using this oven for two days now is that I love it and that I will be using the second stone (90 second bake) trick whenever I am baking for myself or whenever I feel like experimenting because it really does mimic the performance of a WFO. However, if having a party or baking for more people I find the default wood fire setting is great. My tasting abilities arenít as good as some of you here, so I canít taste much of a difference in the 90 second pizza and the 2-minute wood fire oven setting pizza. There is a definitive crunchiness as far as breaking the crust in the 2-minute pizza, this is true but as you can see in one of the last pictures, the bend is pretty good, thereís no crust breaking or anything like that.

All in all, all 3 pizzas are similar, of course I didnít waste any ingredients in these because I am not sure anyone is going to eat them, they were practice pizzas, so I just used sauce and shredded mozzarella.
I will make a batch with less yeast and longer room temp fermentation in the coming days and I will upload those results.

Thanks so much for the recommendation to buy the oven, itís great and the second stone/90 second spin trick works wonders to the point where I am not sure I need to bake outside anymore.

Offline Obsauced

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1283 on: March 16, 2019, 10:52:09 PM »

That looks really nice.  If I may ask...  what was the bake time? and what % hydration is your dough?

I donít time my bakes but itís usually 4-5 min if I have to guesstimate. This hydro was around 84% including a lil bit of oil
instagram.com/obsauced

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1284 on: March 17, 2019, 07:31:08 AM »
Ok so here are 3 experiments. I had those 3 dough balls I talked about, I removed them from the fridge earlier today and left them around 3 to 4 hours in the counter in their glad containers. Just as a reminder this is caputo 00 with 65% water.
The first two pictures are of a pizza using the second stone, manual mode with everything to the max setting, for 90 seconds, giving it a spin at the 60 mark.

The next two pictures are a second pizza, same as the first one but this one didnít get a spin at all, it got the full time inside without never opening the glass door. Except for the end, when I took it out at the 90 second mark I noticed the crust was very white, it didnít brown much, I realized it was because I loaded the pizza in very quickly after the first experiment and didnít let the oven get some temp back, so I put it back in for about another 20 seconds, more or less in the same position as it originally was as to try to salvage the experiment.

The last 3 pictures are after I left the oven cool down a bit, removed the second stone, turned back to the default mode and hit the wood fire oven setting and then let it come back to temperature in that setting. I loaded the pizza in and simply left it for the 2 default minutes the oven has, without a spin.

My first reaction after using this oven for two days now is that I love it and that I will be using the second stone (90 second bake) trick whenever I am baking for myself or whenever I feel like experimenting because it really does mimic the performance of a WFO. However, if having a party or baking for more people I find the default wood fire setting is great. My tasting abilities arenít as good as some of you here, so I canít taste much of a difference in the 90 second pizza and the 2-minute wood fire oven setting pizza. There is a definitive crunchiness as far as breaking the crust in the 2-minute pizza, this is true but as you can see in one of the last pictures, the bend is pretty good, thereís no crust breaking or anything like that.

All in all, all 3 pizzas are similar, of course I didnít waste any ingredients in these because I am not sure anyone is going to eat them, they were practice pizzas, so I just used sauce and shredded mozzarella.
I will make a batch with less yeast and longer room temp fermentation in the coming days and I will upload those results.

Thanks so much for the recommendation to buy the oven, itís great and the second stone/90 second spin trick works wonders to the point where I am not sure I need to bake outside anymore.

Your dough is baking really nice. Looks like you are using shredded cheese. If you are trying to do Neapolitan I the fresh ball cheese works better. If you are using the fresh check to make sure the crust knob is full right.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1285 on: March 17, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
Flatbread on "Thin/Crispy" preset:

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1286 on: March 17, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »

THAT looks really good! Looks like it should be on top of a savory pot pie, or ANY pie! :drool:
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1287 on: March 17, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »

that looks amazing

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1288 on: March 17, 2019, 03:48:15 PM »
I gotta get me one of those cutter wheels! Got some ideas, like puff pastry!!!
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1289 on: March 17, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »
What is that cutter wheel called?i thought it was a dough docker but mine doesn't do that. that would be a hell of an appetizer base.stealing your idea Bill >:D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:41:38 PM by thezaman »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1290 on: March 17, 2019, 05:38:32 PM »
What is that cutter wheel called?i thought it was a dough docker but mine doesn't do that. that would be a hell of an appetizer base.steeling your idea Bill >:D

It is a lattice cutter, mainly for puff pastry and pie crusts.

It has a ton of uses. For this flatbread, a dough docker wasn't effective enough in preventing puffing (I wanted thin and crispy and chewy).

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1291 on: March 17, 2019, 09:50:57 PM »
Obsauced,

Could you share some tips on how to open and manage launch 84 HR dough? The pizza  looks great!

Offline kuhne

« Reply #1292 on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:50 AM »
Obsauced,

Could you share some tips on how to open and manage launch 84 HR dough? The pizza  looks great!

This... I just tried 70% hydration caputo 00 and just kneading it was a nightmare and I probably lost half a dough ball in the process from what stuck to my hands. Iím not sure Iím trying this again and unless the results are worth it.

I canít even begin to imagine 84% hydration

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #1293 on: March 18, 2019, 08:19:16 AM »

This... I just tried 70% hydration caputo 00 and just kneading it was a nightmare and I probably lost half a dough ball in the process from what stuck to my hands. I’m not sure I’m trying this again and unless the results are worth it.

I can’t even begin to imagine 84% hydration

70% is doable, 84% gets tricky. Here is the method I use to develop high hydration dough:

Hans

Offline fizzixMike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1294 on: March 18, 2019, 08:43:59 AM »
I tried something different.  Caputo Americana flour at 61% with a 14 hour biga then 48h in the fridge.  The deck was set to 550 top & bottom.  This pizza baked in 4 1/2 minutes.  It's a "reuben" pizza because it was St. Pats day and .. why not?  Anyway the crust was fantastic and one of the best pizzas that have come out of my oven. I'm think I'm going to use this flour more often with this oven and use 00 in my wood oven.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:48:07 AM by fizzixMike »

Offline fizzixMike

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1295 on: March 18, 2019, 08:45:30 AM »
Same  dough as above.   4 minute bake because I nervous about burning it.  I think I could have left it in there a little longer.  This is artichoke and provolone.

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1296 on: March 18, 2019, 09:27:01 AM »
Beautiful pizza!!!!

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1297 on: March 18, 2019, 11:46:09 PM »
I had the floor at 850 degrees and the. Top element glowing. Took too long to make the pizza and the element shut down. I started the pizza and the element started to recharge but it took a little while to fully heat. 90 second bake but a little pale on the crust. The key is getting that stone at 850 and get the pizza in with a glowing outer element. Pizza was still much better then two I cooked in my Uuni 3. Front pizza breville back two unni 3.

Offline kuhne

« Reply #1298 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:08 AM »
I had the floor at 850 degrees and the. Top element glowing. Took too long to make the pizza and the element shut down. I started the pizza and the element started to recharge but it took a little while to fully heat. 90 second bake but a little pale on the crust. The key is getting that stone at 850 and get the pizza in with a glowing outer element. Pizza was still much better then two I cooked in my Uuni 3. Front pizza breville back two unni 3.

It does look good. Is there a trick to keeping the top element glowing? Or is it just a matter of waiting for it to come on by itself before launching the pizza?

Also, when you are using the second stone + manual mode and everything to the highest temp, how long do you wait to launch a second pie? The cool thing about the presets mode is that once you launch a pie in wood fire oven mode, itíll tell you when itís back at temp with the blinking light but in manual mode everything really is up to the user and I find that the temp in this oven can be missguiding when it comes to the top element heat.

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1299 on: March 19, 2019, 10:47:34 AM »
  My reasoning behind the extra stone is based on the modifications that the effuno p134H users make. a lot of the techniques seem to overlap the p134 users have a manual override that keeps the top burner on after the oven hits its target temperature. that gives them the fast under 60 second bakes. i think that method would ruin this oven. i fan the door open the wait till the light stops blinking then put the pizza in.  once the pizza is in the burner will not go off. the pizza drops the internal to where the light blinks as it reheats to the target temperature.
 Kuhn,you questioned when to bake the second pizza when in manual mode. the light still blinks until the oven hits the target temperature. the difference between the wood fired and manual full on in the wood fired mode has the floor at 700 degrees vs.750 on manual.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:50:36 AM by thezaman »

wordpress