A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)  (Read 59765 times)

mmm and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
Re: Has anyone seen this? (Breville Smart Oven Pizzaiolo)
« Reply #1420 on: April 16, 2019, 05:12:03 PM »
Hi, Bill the pizza looks really good.Is that caputo flour or something else? if caputo what did you do to get it to work with 70 percent water? How long was your bake?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:31:11 PM by thezaman »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1421 on: April 16, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »
Hi, Bill toy pizza looks really good.Is that caputo flour or something else? if caputo what did you do to get it to work with 70 percent water? How long was your bake?

Thanks, Larry. Caputo flour - just a few stretch and folds. I'm guessing bake was around 75 seconds. I've read multiple times that Caputo is meant for lower hydration and when I use my WFO, I'm usually around 62%. But it really does well in the intense heat of the Breville.

Offline rautyasu

• I know just enough to be dangerous.
« Reply #1422 on: April 17, 2019, 08:54:27 AM »
I have just had my second stone crack in the Breville Pizzaiolo. I love this unit, but replacing a cracked stone every couple of months is going to get old fast. Have others been experiencing this as well? I would love to be able to replace this with a Baking Steel sized to fit.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1423 on: April 17, 2019, 12:59:59 PM »
 i think this is going to be an issue with this oven mine just cracked. looking at the crack it is discolored half way thru. i must have been partial cracked allowing residual cooking material to penetrate. i use it cracked and there is no ill effects.
 have tried Breville customer service and have caught them at busy times.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1424 on: April 17, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
i think this is going to be an issue with this oven mine just cracked. looking at the crack it is discolored half way thru. i must have been partial cracked allowing residual cooking material to penetrate. i use it cracked and there is no ill effects.

That is very bad news.

Offline misterschu

« Reply #1425 on: April 17, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
I would love to be able to replace this with a Baking Steel sized to fit.

I don't think you'd have good results with a baking steel in this oven.

Offline Zombeezy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1426 on: April 18, 2019, 05:36:27 AM »

I have a crack in mine. Noticed it when I took it out to carefully scrape residue off using Bill's suggested plastic cleaning scraper. The crack goes all the way across the stone, but I'm curious how long I can keep using this without it totally splitting apart. Mine is not discolored, and if I didn't take it out of the oven to clean, might not even be visible. I bet I have only made about 30 pizzas in this oven.
I am thinking that I need to contact Breville, because if it does split totally, the oven would be out of commission for who knows how long while waiting for another stone, so it is better to be pro-active.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #1427 on: April 18, 2019, 10:31:21 PM »
Contacted Breville today. They are aware of some breakage. seems that that front lip going down puts pressure on the center of the stone. They said they would send a stone to me and i was able to keep the original so i could continue to use the oven. all they asked for was serial number and a picture of the stone. I submitted both and the stone is on its way. they had recommended cooling the stone completely before cleaning.also just scrape and wipe the stone in the oven.