A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: my wild imaginaton- "cast iron dome"  (Read 589 times)

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
my wild imaginaton- "cast iron dome"
« on: July 21, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »
hello all,
i am currently operating wood fired pizza brick oven, a thought just hit my mind if its sensible to make a dome probably in two or three pieces in cast iron material and then reinforce it. assuming the hearth is 40 inch with inside height of 9 inch... really aggressive, can i get any idea, has anyone tried this before, i know the weight could be concern but keeping all this in mind how should i plan
thanks

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
Re: my wild imaginaton- "cast iron dome"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:42:51 AM »
hello all,
i am currently operating wood fired pizza brick oven, a thought just hit my mind if its sensible to make a dome probably in two or three pieces in cast iron material and then reinforce it. assuming the hearth is 40 inch with inside height of 9 inch... really aggressive, can i get any idea, has anyone tried this before, i know the weight could be concern but keeping all this in mind how should i plan
thanks

hi again, i doubt if i have been able to put my point across properly could you please give yours views based on your understanding of my query.
thanks

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:59 AM »
Iron will bleed heat like you can't imagine. You'll need to insulate the heck out of it.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »
Iron will bleed heat like you can't imagine. You'll need to insulate the heck out of it.
hi craig, an already sweating after what you said it , i can imagine the amount of heat the dome might disperse but tell me if i could build on this method if yes then as u said how to counter the heat and insulation or just drop it as its not viable.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »
You could build it that way though I think you would have huge problems with rust too. Your basic idea is similar to the pizza party oven with it's stainless steel internal shell that's well insulated with ceramic blankets.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline dheeraj

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 04:50:13 AM »

hi craig , yes its for pizza party kind of occasions where i can take the truck to any venue and cater. i didnt know stainless steel could also do the job , has anyone attempted this on mobile in our forum could you please show me the link.