A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Low carb pizza (new dough recipe)  (Read 419 times)

Offline TMB

• My mission: Low Carb Pizza that taste great!
Low carb pizza (new dough recipe)
« on: August 14, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »
A new recipe I'm trying, but need advice on a good non stick pan!

Recipe for dough......    2 oz cream cheese, 1 2/3rds cup Almond flour, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 extra large egg (seperated) whites need to be beat till fluffy, 1 packet Stevia (Pyrue brand)
                                   1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese slightly melted

Place cheese in micro safe bowl and melt just to the point of being smooth, while the cheese is melting mix all ingredents together other than egg yoke save that till the cheese is mixed in.  Once cheese is melted and all ingredents are mix togther add the yoke and form into a ball and then roll, spread onto a pizza pan (You will need a very good non stick pan) TRUST ME

Bake the crust without toppings for about 10 mins on 375 or until browning starts then remove and flip over (this is where you will need a good non stick pan) once fliped over add toppings and bake till toppings are done

I used a pan not a non stick pan and paid for it :(  But like everything else you learn from mistakes ;) !
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:41:30 AM by TMB »
Live, Ride and Always thank God!
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
1 Home Built pellet grill
Working on a pellet pizza oven
Grill2Go grill
Lots more but not enough room ;)

Offline gomike

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Low carb pizza (new dough recipe)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »
Try parchment paper

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 03:51:25 PM »
Wow Tommy - how the heck did you figure that out - I would have never been able to come up with using those ingredients for a crust. Very imaginative and it looks good. BTW, the pepperoni looks good too, what brand did you use?
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 825F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »
Did the inspiration come from keto cakes? We make them a lot - 1 egg per oz cream cheese. Sometimes we add 1/4c almond flour per 8 eggs.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline TMB

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:30:04 AM »
Wow Tommy - how the heck did you figure that out - I would have never been able to come up with using those ingredients for a crust. Very imaginative and it looks good. BTW, the pepperoni looks good too, what brand did you use?
Found this recipe on line works well but it does lack the taste of real flour where as my starter/VWG crust has better taste.  But this is a keeper for sure

As for the pepperoni,  it's Hormel I get it at Sam's Club.  Not the best but can't beat the price and 2 packs of them are $7.52   ;D
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
Grill2Go grill

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »
Your recipe is very close to Fathead dough, that I have found searching for Keto recipes . I知 going to try one tonight. Have you tried coconut flour instead of almond flour? I have read either can are used.

Looks great!

Offline TMB

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »
Your recipe is very close to Fathead dough, that I have found searching for Keto recipes . I知 going to try one tonight. Have you tried coconut flour instead of almond flour? I have read either can are used.

Looks great!
Yes, but cocnut flour will soak up moister and takes a while to hydrate vs almond flour so keep and eye on the moister content in the dough. 

I also find if using coconut flour I let it rest on the counter for an hour before I use it, this gives the coconut flour time to hydrate

You (to me) will find cocnut has a finer grain so it's harder to keep together like alomnd flour.     Makes a great fake cornbread!    :chef:
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
Grill2Go grill

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 09:27:53 AM »
Thanks! results were not great, I thought it was dry and crumbly, my wife said she tasted the coconut. Will try almond flour next time.

Is your recipe above in the thread your best one yet?

Dale

Offline TMB

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 10:02:15 AM »
Thanks! results were not great, I thought it was dry and crumbly, my wife said she tasted the coconut. Will try almond flour next time.

Is your recipe above in the thread your best one yet?

Dale
No, it's good but not the best

Let me find another recipe and I'll post it
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
Grill2Go grill

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but has anyone here trying to limit carbs, figured out the absolute minimum carbs possible using a wheat flour, ultra thin pizza? Or maybe mixture with almond and/or coconut?

I知 really craving some real pizza, been on this diet for a few months now!

Offline TMB

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Probably a dumb question, but has anyone here trying to limit carbs, figured out the absolute minimum carbs possible using a wheat flour, ultra thin pizza? Or maybe mixture with almond and/or coconut?

Pizza crust

1/2 cup alomnd flour
1/4  cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1/4 cup starter
1/8 pkg of yeast mixed in  1/2 cup 110 water and pinch of sugar to get yeast going
pinch of salt

Mix almond flour, starter and VWG together the mix in water/yeast slowly til a dough ball forms then let it rise for 1 hr roll out and let rise 30 mins then make your crust

Starter is 3 Tbs flour, 3 Tbs bottle water and 1/4 pck of yeast mix well let sit over night then remove 1/2 of the mixture and add back 3 Tbs both water and flour each then siot over night then use.  I take the disscarded starter and make another batch and set it in the fridge till another day to use
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
Grill2Go grill

Offline petef

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 02:10:30 AM »

See reply#3 in at link below for some basic info on my last attempt to make low carb pizza. Pics are in the first post of that thread, most of the other posts are discussing health issues.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=53875.msg540893#msg540893

Low Carb pizza dough is kind of a new topic here and TMB is leading the way. I've done some experimentation using combos of cauliflower & bread flour that satisfied my cravings for pizza, but I'm still on a weight loss plan where I'm eating so few calories that I still have frozen pizza left over from my last experiment.

Bottom line, we need more people to follow TMB's lead and hopefully do some experimentation on their own to come up with some really great low carb pizza dough recipes because most available now on youtube and other places online are not that great because they don't taste like real pizza. 

PS: I've lost 44 lbs so far this year and I'm now just 10 lbs from achieving my ideal weight. I've eaten my own version of low carb pizza along the way, but ultimately, I'm on my way to totally reversing my Type 2 diabetes so that I can eat regular pizza once again, but this time, on a more moderate basis. Low Carb pizza will still be something that interests me so I plan to add that style to my other favorite styles. Everything in moderation!  :)

--pete--

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:31:55 AM by petef »

Offline TMB

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 08:04:15 AM »
See reply#3 in at link below for some basic info on my last attempt to make low carb pizza. Pics are in the first post of that thread, most of the other posts are discussing health issues.

Low Carb pizza dough is kind of a new topic here and TMB is leading the way. I've done some experimentation using combos of cauliflower & bread flour that satisfied my cravings for pizza, but I'm still on a weight loss plan where I'm eating so few calories that I still have frozen pizza left over from my last experiment.

Bottom line, we need more people to follow TMB's lead and hopefully do some experimentation on their own to come up with some really great low carb pizza dough recipes because most available now on youtube and other places online are not that great because they don't taste like real pizza. 

PS: I've lost 44 lbs so far this year and I'm now just 10 lbs from achieving my ideal weight. I've eaten my own version of low carb pizza along the way, but ultimately, I'm on my way to totally reversing my Type 2 diabetes so that I can eat regular pizza once again, but this time, on a more moderate basis. Low Carb pizza will still be something that interests me so I plan to add that style to my other favorite styles. Everything in moderation!  :)

--pete--
Thanks Pete, kinda slow geting started but I feel there is a need for great low carb recipes here and on other sites.

I hope one day to have a stand alone thread here for low carb pizza and breads    :chef:
6 Big Easy's
1 Rec-Tec grill/smoker
Grill2Go grill

Offline San Jose Dale

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »
Pete, I find myself in the same place as you, just lost 35 lbs, trying to get off diabetes and blood pressure meds. Congrats on your success.
I will definitely try out recipies posted here and give feedback.
I sure miss the real thing right now.
Dale

--pete--

wordpress