A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Gino Sorbillo Gluten Free Pizza  (Read 1026 times)

Offline ebpizza

Gino Sorbillo Gluten Free Pizza
« on: August 14, 2018, 09:49:02 AM »
I posted some of this yesterday in the Neapolitan forum, but I also thought this might be of interest to those making gluten free pizza of all types.

Yesterday I was at Gino Sorbillo Lievito Madre in Naples Italy and happened to be seated next to their gas oven that is used exclusively for gluten free pizza.

The biggest take away I noticed is that they donít do a second fermentation in balls. When an order comes in, the pizzaiolo grabs some dough from a bulk batch bin, rolls it into a ball with additional rice flour and immediately opens the pizza.

The results are quite impressive

Offline jgeibel

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Gino Sorbillo Gluten Free Pizza
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:41:43 AM »
Do you think they are using fior di risa instead of fiore glut for the dough or just for bench flour? The pictures of those GF pizzas look amazing.

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 06:45:58 AM »
Good question. I would think that if he did use fiore glut the bags would be out for display like the other products he uses. Last week I did try his GF pizza, the texture was very good, taste was good.

See my Naples thread....

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=53687.0
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 06:48:02 AM by ebpizza »

Offline Burl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 07:32:48 PM »
I was in Milan last month and had some gluten free pizza ( I went out for it every other night), that looked and tasted as good as the one you pictured. Nothing like the prepacked on carboard GF that many places in the US offer.   Chewy like real gluten dough.  Now I am on a mission to duplicate the results

Offline Burl

• I Love Pizza!
Gluten Free Pizza trials
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 07:29:52 PM »
I tried two new recipes to get towards a Neoplitan style with gluten free crust.
Here is the first try. King Arthur one to one glueten free flour blend Milk powder and xanthan gum, Crispy and well browned and pretty good but still not the right amount for chew and a better flavor but still ricy.  I took  the photos after tasting SORRY

Offline Burl

• I Love Pizza!
Gluten Free Pizza
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
The second trial used King Arthur one to one GF flour as a base but added Almond flour and Phsyliun husk powder.
 The cruse had the best taste and chew so far. The bottom was browned on a stone after the first baking. Me and my wife think this was the best so far.

The photo is after the first taste and reheated on the stone at 500F. Ill have to have more patience and take photos before cutting