A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: SD RT in Pizza Party 70x70 New User  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Arne_Jervell

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: SD RT in Pizza Party 70x70 New User
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2019, 06:48:33 AM »
Very cool! I bet driving blind was a challenge, but looks like you got fantastic results. The cheese pie must have been sublime!

Offline vdempsey

• Supporting Member
  • Keep calm and make pizza.
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Many of you know we are on Holiday in Tuscany.  I posted pictures on Margherita Madness.  Here are a few shots from our second pizza night.  I made 10 doughs, no scales, no measuring tools.  Pizzas came out great ( or perhaps we were judging after much Vino)!

Fantastic Scott! What an experience.

Vida
Vida - Naturally leavened pizza made at home electric oven.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Bella Pizze!
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »
A very good bake tonight for me.  Not a Greg, Arne, Craig, Sauzer bake but good!

62% hydro, 2.7% Sale, .024 % IDY.  20x4 at a low of 57 (outside) and a high of 72 the last 4.  Dough handled beautifully.  Focused on a bake at 850 which seems to be the sweet spot for no burn and some cornichone on my stock tiles in the Pizza Party.

My margharita and, just for fun, Sorbillo’s as a goal.  My wife’s standard with LMPS Mozz which always browns.  Eggplant and Quattro Pomodoro with Taleggio.  I baked the eggplant in the oven first and the bread crumbs burned in the pizza oven.

All 3 pizzas, delicious!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:19:54 PM by sk »
Pizza Party 70x70 WFO/stock bricks

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2019, 12:02:50 AM »
Yikes, there is a lot of pizza on that table! Well done! Now available in 2 locations Georgia and Tuscany!
So Glad to see your bake Scott, they look fantastic. Hope all were pleased with the results!
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline Arne_Jervell

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2019, 07:51:00 AM »
Really nice! Looks like you've got the Sorbillo cheese distribution all figured out. I've been trying to emulate that look some times too. Did you cut small dice to achieve this?

I know different kinds of mozzarella melt differently. I am not familiar with the one you used here, but I would guess it is relatively firm/dry to create such well defined transitions? If so, going for a softer fresh mozzarella di bufala would probably make the melt identical to the Sorbillo photo you incleded.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Bella Pizze!
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2019, 08:05:51 AM »
Yikes, there is a lot of pizza on that table! Well done! Now available in 2 locations Georgia and Tuscany!
So Glad to see your bake Scott, they look fantastic. Hope all were pleased with the results!

The 2016 Chianti Classico was straight from Tuscany.  Miss it so much already!  The pizzas were really tasty.  I do have an entire pie made from all three left in the fridge though.  Your welcome to stop by if your in the neighborhood!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:20:46 AM by sk »

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Bella Pizze!
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »
Really nice! Looks like you've got the Sorbillo cheese distribution all figured out. I've been trying to emulate that look some times too. Did you cut small dice to achieve this?

I know different kinds of mozzarella melt differently. I am not familiar with the one you used here, but I would guess it is relatively firm/dry to create such well defined transitions? If so, going for a softer fresh mozzarella di bufala would probably make the melt identical to the Sorbillo photo you incleded.
Arne, after watching Greg's video of Gino with his putty knife, I went to the hardware store and purchased a new one.  I used the putty knife like Gino did in the video to cut up the cheese.  It took very little time compared to trying to slice matchsticks with the knife.

You have a sharp eye indeed.  The cheese was BelGioioso fresh mozzarella and it is firmer and dryer.  Struggling with cheese, I have used that as well as several other fresh mozzarellas from other sources with little success.  The BelGioioso seems to be the most reliable so far.  I found di bufala at one of the stores but only in the small balls, bocconcini perhaps, but not a standard size ball.  Again, hard to cut properly.  Following your suggestion, I will look harder for di bufala for the next time to continue my Sorbillo pursuit!!  :-D

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
Scott, this time the buffala Mozzarella I used was the small balls, Less than an inch and a thin “skin” over a very liquid center. Before I started making the pizzas, I cut them in half and placed them on a double paper towel to dry a bit. While there was some loss trying to remove them I felt it worked better than adding all the liquid. I misjudged the amount and had to add more shredded mozzarella.

PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor