A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza in Marietta, Georgia  (Read 13010 times)

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza in Marietta, Georgia
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2019, 06:48:33 AM »
Very cool! I bet driving blind was a challenge, but looks like you got fantastic results. The cheese pie must have been sublime!

Offline vdempsey

• Keep calm and make pizza.
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
Many of you know we are on Holiday in Tuscany.  I posted pictures on Margherita Madness.  Here are a few shots from our second pizza night.  I made 10 doughs, no scales, no measuring tools.  Pizzas came out great ( or perhaps we were judging after much Vino)!

Fantastic Scott! What an experience.

Vida
Vida - Naturally leavened pizza made at home electric oven.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »
A very good bake tonight for me.  Not a Greg, Arne, Craig, Sauzer bake but good!

62% hydro, 2.7% Sale, .024 % IDY.  20x4 at a low of 57 (outside) and a high of 72 the last 4.  Dough handled beautifully.  Focused on a bake at 850 which seems to be the sweet spot for no burn and some cornichone on my stock tiles in the Pizza Party.

My margharita and, just for fun, Sorbillo’s as a goal.  My wife’s standard with LMPS Mozz which always browns.  Eggplant and Quattro Pomodoro with Taleggio.  I baked the eggplant in the oven first and the bread crumbs burned in the pizza oven.

All 3 pizzas, delicious!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:19:54 PM by sk »
Pizza Party 70x70 WFO/Saupto Floor

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2019, 12:02:50 AM »
Yikes, there is a lot of pizza on that table! Well done! Now available in 2 locations Georgia and Tuscany!
So Glad to see your bake Scott, they look fantastic. Hope all were pleased with the results!
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2019, 07:51:00 AM »
Really nice! Looks like you've got the Sorbillo cheese distribution all figured out. I've been trying to emulate that look some times too. Did you cut small dice to achieve this?

I know different kinds of mozzarella melt differently. I am not familiar with the one you used here, but I would guess it is relatively firm/dry to create such well defined transitions? If so, going for a softer fresh mozzarella di bufala would probably make the melt identical to the Sorbillo photo you incleded.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #145 on: October 13, 2019, 08:05:51 AM »
Yikes, there is a lot of pizza on that table! Well done! Now available in 2 locations Georgia and Tuscany!
So Glad to see your bake Scott, they look fantastic. Hope all were pleased with the results!

The 2016 Chianti Classico was straight from Tuscany.  Miss it so much already!  The pizzas were really tasty.  I do have an entire pie made from all three left in the fridge though.  Your welcome to stop by if your in the neighborhood!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:20:46 AM by sk »

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #146 on: October 13, 2019, 08:20:14 AM »
Really nice! Looks like you've got the Sorbillo cheese distribution all figured out. I've been trying to emulate that look some times too. Did you cut small dice to achieve this?

I know different kinds of mozzarella melt differently. I am not familiar with the one you used here, but I would guess it is relatively firm/dry to create such well defined transitions? If so, going for a softer fresh mozzarella di bufala would probably make the melt identical to the Sorbillo photo you incleded.
Arne, after watching Greg's video of Gino with his putty knife, I went to the hardware store and purchased a new one.  I used the putty knife like Gino did in the video to cut up the cheese.  It took very little time compared to trying to slice matchsticks with the knife.

You have a sharp eye indeed.  The cheese was BelGioioso fresh mozzarella and it is firmer and dryer.  Struggling with cheese, I have used that as well as several other fresh mozzarellas from other sources with little success.  The BelGioioso seems to be the most reliable so far.  I found di bufala at one of the stores but only in the small balls, bocconcini perhaps, but not a standard size ball.  Again, hard to cut properly.  Following your suggestion, I will look harder for di bufala for the next time to continue my Sorbillo pursuit!!  :-D

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #147 on: October 13, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
Scott, this time the buffala Mozzarella I used was the small balls, Less than an inch and a thin “skin” over a very liquid center. Before I started making the pizzas, I cut them in half and placed them on a double paper towel to dry a bit. While there was some loss trying to remove them I felt it worked better than adding all the liquid. I misjudged the amount and had to add more shredded mozzarella.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2019, 08:31:59 PM »
I recently visited a local Neapolitan pizzeria where the owner was very nice and walked me through his entire process.  He makes 48 hour CF dough in the fridge.  I wanted to give it a try as my home RT controlled dough seems to be difficult to stay constant.  Caputo pizzeria, 63% hydro, 2.6% sale, .5% IDY.  Margherita with salami and Margherita with sausage.  Two easy pies to experiment with.  Comparison is to Sorbillo.

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2019, 07:56:05 AM »
Scott, how did you find the taste of these compared to your usual RT ones? Will you continue trying out cold fermentation?

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2019, 12:06:15 PM »
Another successful bake Scott. Sourdough, IDY, room temp, cold ferment, Georgia or Tuscany, tools or no tools, yikes you are getting a world of experience!
I look forward to the next bake.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2019, 09:39:34 PM »
Scott, how did you find the taste of these compared to your usual RT ones? Will you continue trying out cold fermentation?

Arne:  The flavor was quite good.  Patti especially liked it.  The cold fermentation is much more manageable give the constant temp of the fridge.  That aspect is particularly appealing.  Yes, I think I will continue with CF for a while. 

Now, if I could only do better with the cheese.  This first pie is LMPS Mozz which Patti likes.  However the LM seems always to brown a bit.  The second pie had Bel Gioissio fresh Mozz which is a bit dry and never seems to melt.  I had a bit more heat trying to get it to melt and the crust did get a little dark.  I can't seem to find the Bufalo Mozz which would be a better melt.

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2019, 09:43:07 PM »
Another successful bake Scott. Sourdough, IDY, room temp, cold ferment, Georgia or Tuscany, tools or no tools, yikes you are getting a world of experience!
I look forward to the next bake.

Greg:  You told me to experiment and get some experience.  I would learn.  So, I am trying to follow your sage advice.

Offline Simone

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2019, 05:15:50 AM »
 :drool: :drool:

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #154 on: November 04, 2019, 07:04:16 AM »
A rare Sunday lunch bake for a change of pace on a beautiful November afternoon.

63% Hydro
2.5% Sale
.4% IDY
48 hour CF in balls
2 hour warmup at RT

Margherita with Galbani Fresh Mozz (worked much better than Costco Belgioioso for me)
Margherita with Sausage (Used the Belgioioso for comparison)  My neighbor who has provided me with a lot of wood enjoyed this one!

And, my interpretation of the Sorbillo Gialla.  I used Galbani Fresh Mozz and Taleggio.  Sorbillo uses better cheeses, Misto Latte di Bufala and Conciato Romano!!  I should have tossed on a bit of Basilico as well.

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »
Wow !  ^^^ very good Pizza  :pizza:

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #156 on: November 04, 2019, 10:05:19 AM »
Thank you Renato.  I appreciate your kind words!

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2019, 08:13:07 PM »
The Cornichone Kid!
Nice looking pies, nicely baked - the Gialla looks stunning! Well Done

Offline sk

• Supporting Member
  • Belle Pizze!
« Reply #158 on: November 04, 2019, 08:47:36 PM »
Thank you Greg.  I thought of you doing a bake for lunch!

The Galbani cheese worked better, not as good as I would like, but better.

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2019, 12:07:32 AM »
But the look of the crust, the cornichone, the subtle leoparding .  . . . . Looking very good!
Deliveries?

wordpress