A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan Pizza in Marietta, Georgia  (Read 19875 times)

Offline Reefkeep

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan Pizza in Marietta, Georgia
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2021, 09:44:01 AM »
Looks amazing to me...

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2021, 11:39:09 AM »
I think I have warned you that perhaps the Icelandr is a poor example to follow, strange things can happen!
The pizza looks great, no sign of the trip to the woodshed for correcting! One day the Mozzarella gods will find us and deliver great cheeses.
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline sk

• Belle Pizze!
« Reply #322 on: February 08, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »
Thank you Reefkeep and Icelandr. 

If I could only find a good Fior de Latte......... :-\
Pizza Party 70x70 WFO/Saputo Floor

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2021, 07:43:45 AM »
Adding to my challenge now.  At bake time it was 33 degrees and sleeting.  The Pizza Party oven did not mind and performed nicely.  As steam rolled off the outer skin, it was a toasty 875 degrees inside!

Scott, making pizza outside in a wood fired oven at freezing or near freezing temperatures never stops to impress me. Looks delicious and not cool at all!

Offline sk

• Belle Pizze!
« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2021, 10:32:51 AM »
I made a few pizzas Saturday night.  Here they are:

4.5% Ischia, 63% hydro.  26 hours, 7 of which in balls.  It's curious that when I use a pluviometer, I am cooking when it reaches at almost the 40 level, not 28 as Icelandr and Arne Jervell do.  The dough balls work just fine though. See below.

Fire in the night sky!  Note the stack on the Pizza Party

Salami, Mushroom, Red Pepper
Fresh Mozzarella, Fontina, Sausage and a bit of Gorgonzola
Meatball, Mushroom, Fresh Mozzarella

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 10:59:02 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline Icelandr

• Supporting Member
  • 5 years and closer to. . a really Good Pizza!
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2021, 11:35:25 PM »
Hi Scott, keep adding logs and that fire will ring those chimes to tell you when itís ready!
Nice to see another bake! I am curious about your timing, I start the dough about 24 hours before I plan to bake, then ball in the morning, giving approximately equal bulk/ball. Shorter ball for me is less extensible, but  my dough balls are flatter . . .  . Never in my life did I foresee a discussion about rising dough in my life, Yikes, perhaps I have indeed lost the plot! Guess this site is a good place to be be then!

Pluviometer is a comfort indicator, not much more . . . At 6:00 in a pizza place it is X, at last call it is X+5 hours of likely unregulated temperature and people are eating, snapping pictures and having a ball - relax .  . .I canít seem to but you might be able!
PizzaParty 70x70, saputo floor

Offline SAUZER.ITALY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2021, 02:03:32 AM »
Wow Scott,  ^^^ the pizzas are cooked very well, and the ledge has a nice upward push. :pizza: :pizza:

Offline Arne_Jervell

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #327 on: February 23, 2021, 09:57:21 AM »
Wow Scott,  ^^^ the pizzas are cooked very well, and the ledge has a nice upward push. :pizza: :pizza:

^^^

Wonderful! Great puffy cornicione, looks sooo soft and pillowy!  :drool:

Offline sk

• Belle Pizze!
« Reply #328 on: February 23, 2021, 11:31:39 AM »
Hi Scott, keep adding logs and that fire will ring those chimes to tell you when itís ready!
Nice to see another bake! I am curious about your timing, I start the dough about 24 hours before I plan to bake, then ball in the morning, giving approximately equal bulk/ball. Shorter ball for me is less extensible, but  my dough balls are flatter . . .  . Never in my life did I foresee a discussion about rising dough in my life, Yikes, perhaps I have indeed lost the plot! Guess this site is a good place to be be then!

Pluviometer is a comfort indicator, not much more . . . At 6:00 in a pizza place it is X, at last call it is X+5 hours of likely unregulated temperature and people are eating, snapping pictures and having a ball - relax .  . .I canít seem to but you might be able!

Greg:  I generally mix the dough, by hand, around 5:00 the night before the bake.  It usually is 1.5 hours by the time I mix, S/F etc and put in the container for bulk.  In my house in the winter it is around 20c, and drops a bit overnight.  I am usually busy the next morning so I ball it up around 12:00 for a 7:00 bake.  Not having used the pluviometer for a while, your posts got me going on it again.  It is usually around 28 by the time I ball the dough.  So, I stick the dough balls in the garage which is closer to 10c for the afternoon.  Three hours before bake, back in the house.  The pluviometer shoots up to almost 40 by that time.  But, you see how the dough balls look and they are fine.  I dropped to 4.5% Ischia and may have to try 4.25% next.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:37:11 AM by sk »

Offline sk

• Belle Pizze!
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »

Thank you very much Renalto.  I appreciate your kind words!

Offline sk

• Belle Pizze!
« Reply #330 on: February 23, 2021, 11:34:23 AM »
^^^

Wonderful! Great puffy cornicione, looks sooo soft and pillowy!  :drool:

Thank you Arne.  In the realm of some days are better than others, these pizzas really came out great.