A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizzaman in Florence, Italy  (Read 262 times)

Offline nickyr

Pizzaman in Florence, Italy
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »
When visiting Florence, Italy, I had the best Neapolitan pizza of my life at a place called Pizzaman. (No, I have not been to Naples, but I do work in NYC.)

Funnily enough, it's actually a small chain in Florence. Here's the TripAdvisor link to the one I went to: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187895-d2509893-Reviews-Pizzaman_Via_dell_Agnolo-Florence_Tuscany.html

I did visit Il Pizzaiuolo while in Florence, which is probably the most hyped place in Florence online and has a few mentions on this forum. But some research indicated this was a good one too, and my girlfriend and I actually both thought Pizzaman was better for a few reasons:

• More flavorful crust—they may have had some whole wheat or rye flour in there
  • More char speckles on crust
  • More flavorful and slightly chunkier sauce—a really nice, bright tomato flavor
  • More basil

Pizzaman had really good buffalo mozzarella but Il Pizzaiuolo used more mozzarella, so those kind of evened out.

So Pizzaman was the one we went to twice (even though it was out of our way). Pictures from both times are attached. We had the Margherita DOP pizza both times. The first time we had a red pizza covered in rocket, cherry tomatoes, and burrata. The second time we had a white pizza with smoked mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.

And, just for the curious: they had a Valoriani pizza oven.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T