A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Difference between the regulators on the Uuni Pro vs Pizza Party?  (Read 454 times)

Offline webosb

• I Love Pizza!
Difference between the regulators on the Uuni Pro vs Pizza Party?
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:16:14 AM »
Anyone know the specs between the Uuni pro's gas regulator vs the Pizza Party's? I'm trying to compare the two to see if there really is a difference to justify spending the extra money on a pizzaparty gas oven.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Difference between the regulators on the Uuni Pro vs Pizza Party?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:20:52 AM »
They both use low-pressure burners, so the regulators likely have the same specs. That in and of itself doesn't tell you anything, and it's about all the two have in common. The size and burner configuration in the PP gives you much better heat balance.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Gene in Acadiana

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
Anyone know the specs between the Uuni pro's gas regulator vs the Pizza Party's? I'm trying to compare the two to see if there really is a difference to justify spending the extra money on a pizzaparty gas oven.

Like Craig alluded to, Pizza Party are practically full size ovens compared to the much smaller Uuni (and Roccbox) which are tabletop models.

Offline webosb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:36 AM »
They both use low-pressure burners, so the regulators likely have the same specs. That in and of itself doesn't tell you anything, and it's about all the two have in common. The size and burner configuration in the PP gives you much better heat balance.

Did anyone on this forum actually test and compare the heat balance between the two ovens? Because there are some threads where people yielded good results on the Uuni Pro. In the end, I'm trying to justify paying double for a pp over the uuni pro. Is it really that much better of an oven from a pizza making standpoint? I get the fact that the burner for the pp is on the side versus the uuni pro being on the rear. Is the pp significantly better for it to be twice the cost? Not to mention that it ships from italy which makes me hesitant because if i receive it damaged, shipping it back is not so easy.

Like Craig alluded to, Pizza Party are practically full size ovens compared to the much smaller Uuni (and Roccbox) which are tabletop models.

The uuni pro's cooking surface is 17.7x17.7 inches and the pp ballore is 23.62x23.62 inches so the difference is roughly 6 inches (5.92") of difference but the pp's form factor is curved at the top. I'm just trying to compare the two (gas versions) and to see if the pp ovens are really that much better.

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 10:15:05 AM »
Not to mention that it ships from italy which makes me hesitant because if i receive it damaged, shipping it back is not so easy.

I can't remember a single person here reporting receiving a damaged pizza party, I could be wrong but that's my memory.  I also can't imagine Simone not making it right if it were to happen.   
Deb

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:27:43 PM »
 I have at one time owned both ovens. I sold my pizza party with the Saputo floor to a member. I still own a unni pro. the unni pro is a very nice oven easy to use and bakes a really nice pizza. biggest problem is to much floor heat as the oven sits idle between bakes.. I sometimes use a cast iron pan in it to cool the floor. with the gas attachment I think it is 600.00.
 now the pizza party with the Saputo floor is a far superior oven. big mistake buy me selling it it cooked amazing pizzas. with the Saputo you could cook hot and get a very balanced pizza out of it. my goal was to pick up a gas pizza party but decided not to spend the money as I am way heavy on ovens and need to sell some of them off.