A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Tony's Napoletana, San Francisco  (Read 191 times)

Offline G Man

• I Love Pizza!
Tony's Napoletana, San Francisco
« on: October 05, 2018, 12:49:04 PM »
Just returned from a trip to San Francisco. Made it to Tony's one day. Had the Margherita, 900 degree wood fired oven. Menu states only 73 made per day. We were there around 1pm so no problem getting one.
Also had the coal fired (1000 degree) New Yorker. Made with Calabrese sausage, natural casing pepperoni and dollops of fresh Ricotta.
Wait for a table inside was about 45 mins at 1pm We scored an outside table right away. Both pies were fantastic. Really quality ingredients and taste was awesome. Service was great as well. Tony's was slammed as was the Slice House next door. Glad we were able to get to Tony's.
Could not make it to the other places we wanted, Pizza Hackers, Del Popolo, A16 and Za Pizza but did eat at Carmel Pizza Company near our hotel. Small place (trailer) with a few tables in an outside enclosed area. They had a wood burning Forno Bravo oven in the trailer. Had the Margherita and the Bianca. Both were really good too.
Had a bit of time in Chicago on the way back. Went to Vinny's Pizza Bar near the West Loop downtown. Did not try a deep dish as we did not have a lot of time. Once again had a Margherita.  Really a cross between a Neapolitan and a New York pie. Had Buffalo Mozz on it. Pizza was really good. Sauce and crust were on point. They also had a smoked tomato dipping sauce that was great. They said they use a two day double rise process for their dough.

So many pizza places to try and so little time! 

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress