A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Buffalo/Buffalo Bleu Cheese Sauce  (Read 67 times)

Offline Pod4477

• I Love Pizza!
Buffalo/Buffalo Bleu Cheese Sauce
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:01 AM »
Hey guys,

So Iíve been trying to replicate the buffalo sauces/Main Street buffalo blue cheese sauce used in Massachusetts. A local shop called Main Street Deli has a really good buffalo chicken sub and buffalo chicken pizza. They also have a buffalo bleu cheese pizza that Iíd love to clone. Iíve come close using buffalo sandwich sauce from Franks and adding margarine. I once asked them what they use for the sub, and they said itís basically Franks and Kenís for the Bleu Cheese. Iím sure most shops are just using bottled buffalo sauce. There are two main points Iíve thought of for months that are puzzling me on my hunt.

1.  Main Streetís buffalo sauce tastes a lot like Friendlyís buffalo sauce. Both have the taste of oil or margarine added that makes it weird tasting compared to straight up Franks. The color is orange and when you get the sauce at friendlyís you can see the oil or margarine separate and float to the top. Maybe theyíre only adding margarine though. The sauce almost starts tasting gross on its own after a while due to whatever is added. Any inside info on what type of buffalo sauce this could be?

2. I noticed some of the Greek and Albanian sub shops are using more of a traditional buffalo sauce, but it tastes sweet. Iím not sure if itís honey, but I suspect itís just corn syrup. In the case of Pizza Hutís buffalo sauce, itís mainly corn syrup or sugar so maybe thatís the key for this sauce. Any idea what sweet buffalo sauce these other shops use?

Iíve seen Kens Spicy Buffalo sauce online so Iím thinking with all the Kens thatís used here in MA, maybe that is at least one of the sauces used. Iíve confirmed some shops are using Saratoga Blue Cheese and some are using Kenís. It seems the bleu cheese is easy but the buffalo sauce is a bit secretive. I wonder if some shops are just adding butter or margerine to brands that are more commercial.

Thank you guys!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T