A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: New Member showing off my Chicago-style.  (Read 108 times)

Offline Swiss Frank

• I Love Pizza!
New Member showing off my Chicago-style.
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:20:22 PM »
I fry 200g of hot Italian sausage in big chunks. I also fry 100g smoked beef sausage and 100g smoked pork sausage, and have maybe 150g of pepperoni in the base. Although the smoked sausage is already safe to eat, I pan-fry that to blacken the edges a bit.

The crust is 300g Tipo-00 Blue Sack pizza flour, 205g water, 4.5g yeast and 6g salt. 10 minutes knead, 2 days in fridge, 45-60 minutes out of fridge.

The dough is par-baked 12-13 minutes at 250C to make it just about done though not browned.  Use pie weights.

Sauce is: 1/2 onion, 400g (1 can) whole tomatoes (not the sauce unless it looks necessary), 250g   tomato paste (1 can),   3 huge garlics, 1.5T Italian seasoning

Assembly: 300g Mozzarella; pepperoni and sausages; tomato sauce; dust with pecorino romano.

Then bake 250C until done.

Two eighth-slices have over a quarter pound of meat.  I've never eaten three slices in a sitting...

I've compared this to Tokyo's Devilcraft, which Chicagoan foodies tell me is Chicago style.  In comparison the Devilcraft pizza is yellow, way too sweet, and not much flavor or crunch. 

Offline pythonic

• It's Pizza Time
Re: New Member showing off my Chicago-style.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:17:11 PM »
Good start.  For best results use all purpose flour, corn oil and less water.  Search the posts on here.  They are fabulous.
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T