A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!  (Read 101095 times)

Offline jsaras

Re: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2018, 09:00:48 AM »
VERY nice, crippled up or not!

LOL.  Thanks!
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #581 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »
It fits snugly.  Unlike the bbq cover I have on my Blackstone, it will keep all the dirt out when the gardener goes by with a leaf blower.

I looked that web site over pretty carefully before ordering the Adore hopimg to find a cover. Unfortunately, I did not find any mention or cross reference for this. Thanks for the info.
-Tony

Offline ARenko

« Reply #582 on: December 10, 2018, 09:30:16 AM »

I noticed that the left stone is typically hotter than right stone (see pics taken at same exact time).

I noticed the same - just across each side of the divide there was ~50F difference.  Also, many have noted the oven is hotter on the right side, but for me it's hotter on the left.  I also have Saputo tiles.

Offline p.d.clue

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2018, 09:56:03 AM »
Something odd seems to be going on in your oven.... Especially with last pizza but not just the last.... at 830F it should not be taking 2 minutes.... That is why the bottom is so charred (and yes, in my opinion I think you do have some thin spots).... And yet, in spite of being in oven for 2 minutes there does not seem to have been a lot of top heat as parts of the cornicione are downright pale.....

The last pizza has a story to it which partially explains the long bake time (and the tilde).   I poked hole in bottom with turning peel, which caused the cheese to bind to floor.  I couldn't rescue with turning peel alone so turned off oven while I ran inside to get aluminum tray to slide under.  Then I turned oven back on and sort of domed the pie at angle to finish the top and brown cornicione.  But the rest of them were normal.

Ambient temperature was around 36F.

Hmmmm.... weird
I have saputo and love it but people have been getting great 60 second bakes with the stock floor.... Do you have a rolling flame across the ceiling? I know with mine I have been getting sub 60 second bakes at 850 with good top heat.... My next outing I will be trying closer to 950.

Yes, I think so? See attached image which is from when I first received oven a week ago.

In an effort to keep floor around 850F or below, I have turned down burner slightly.  Maybe I need to crank it back up to max during the bake itself?  Is this what you do?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 10:02:54 AM by p.d.clue »

Offline jsaras

« Reply #584 on: December 10, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »
I noticed the same - just across each side of the divide there was ~50F difference.  Also, many have noted the oven is hotter on the right side, but for me it's hotter on the left.  I also have Saputo tiles.

I have the stock tiles and the left side is hotter.
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #585 on: December 10, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »
The right side of my pizza Cooks hotter
Josh

Offline titodavalos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #586 on: December 10, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »

Yes, I think so? See attached image which is from when I first received oven a week ago.

In an effort to keep floor around 850F or below, I have turned down burner slightly.  Maybe I need to crank it back up to max during the bake itself?  Is this what you do?

I am not the expert on here but that looks like a lot of blue flame which, though hotter and what you want in a cooktop, is not what you want here... I think you want a rolling orange flame across the ceiling.... IDK.... I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:41:41 PM by titodavalos »
Humberto

Offline ARenko

« Reply #587 on: December 10, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »
I am not the expert on here but that looks like a lot of blue flame which, though hotter and what you want in a cooktop, is not what you want here... I think you want a rolling orange flame across the ceiling.... IDK.... I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in I'm sure.
I think you also want blue flame here.  Orange would mean there's incomplete combusion and generation of CO, or else there's something (e.g. fine particles) being burned, which you shouldn't have in this oven (in a wood oven you would have fine soot being burned).  There will be a reddish glow from the heat on the dome though.

Offline Irishboy

« Reply #588 on: December 10, 2018, 03:22:40 PM »
As s far as the holes in the pizza, i think your not letting the dough cook and set enough before using the peel, also try working the bottom lose all around the  sides firdt. You mostly have tin spots in the dough skin also, either over stretch or not balling diugh ball correct and causing weak spots?

Just a few possible things.
Josh

Offline NomNomNom

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #589 on: December 10, 2018, 08:25:34 PM »
In regards to the Blackstone oven - keep in mind the Blackstone has a different type of burner with about twice the BTU's of the Ardore burner so the flame/noise won't be the same.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:28:22 PM by NomNomNom »

Offline Crab Rangoon

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #590 on: December 10, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
I have saputo and love it but people have been getting great 60 second bakes with the stock floor.... Do you have a rolling flame across the ceiling? I know with mine I have been getting sub 60 second bakes at 850 with good top heat.... My next outing I will be trying closer to 950.

My first couple of nights I saw 930+ temps on my Saputo tiles. Last few bakes have been when it’s 36-42 degrees out, and I haven’t managed to exceed 850-870 max for the time temp. Pizzas still bake fine, look and taste great, but I do prefer the bake and “oven spring” of launching at over 900. Tonight’s pizzas both launched about 850, cooked just under 2:00.

I also want to note I only have a tight blue flame as shown in most pictures and videos. I do not ever have flames “rolling over the top” in Ardore with natural gas, the way I did with my Blackstone on LP. I also haven’t seen any pics showing rolling flames. Spoiler alert: if you partially cover the opening with your turning peel (never completely covering the opening), you reduce the airflow and can cause flames across the top. This is as effective as doming for me, but is not to be done indoors or garages, as I’m sure the flame will come out the oven mouth if you cover too much. Other than experimenting with this, I’ve never had flames rolling over the top / roof.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:26:27 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline ARenko

« Reply #591 on: December 11, 2018, 07:27:08 AM »

I also want to note I only have a tight blue flame as shown in most pictures and videos. I do not ever have flames “rolling over the top” in Ardore with natural gas, the way I did with my Blackstone on LP.
I have propane, not NG like you, but my blue flame rolls over the top.  This is the best pic I have of it. 

FYI, the discs in the oven are terracotta testi used for making panigacci - an Italian flatbread made by compressing a batter of flour, water, and salt between the testi.  It's served with spreadable cheese (typically stracchino) and salumi folded into a "sandwich" or boiled and served with sauces (pesto, walnut, mushroom, etc...).  My first attempt didn't go so well as the testi weren't well seasoned and the bread stuck too much, but I'm looking forward to trying again.

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #592 on: December 11, 2018, 08:32:40 AM »
Simone, if you're seeing this...are these last few posts indicative of a difference between LP and NG units...or should the NG also be able to have rolling flames without any extra tricks like covering the vent?

Offline Irishboy

« Reply #593 on: December 11, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
Do most actually have a rolling blue flame? I've never seen that on my unit with propane but that's a good way for me to gauge how it should look. My flame is all blue no orange
Josh

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2018, 09:57:59 AM »
I have used mine once. Most of my pictures did not come out well. This one shows what I had.the right side definitely cooked fastest. I think I made a partial turn twice. NG, ceramic floor tile over saputo.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:00:30 AM by foreplease »
-Tony

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #595 on: December 11, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »
Can you tell some dough./bake details, Tony...were you pleased?

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #596 on: December 11, 2018, 10:22:45 AM »
Can you tell some dough./bake details, Tony...were you pleased?
As a first effort I was pleased and pleased to have the oven. Let me look for my original from that night as it will likely be more accurate than my memory. I do know I used a poolish and the total flour used was 50-50 Caputo red and, I think, bread flour. Baked both pizzas too long. I am looking for a more crisp bottom crust than most of the pizzas in this thread.
-Tony

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #597 on: December 11, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »
I was pleased for reasons I had forgotten. Here is what I found looking back to Thanksgiving weekend.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=54604.msg553497;topicseen#msg553497
-Tony

Offline dlevere

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
Still only reaching 600f after 40min on high, out side temperature 55-60f. If this normal for that ambient temperature?  I am plugged everything and made sure to turn on tank slowly multiple times still the same results

I too am having problems getting my Adore over 800. It barely gets to 800 in one corner after heating for an hour. Any advice appreciated. I complained to Pizza Party but I get no good suggestions.

Offline nirc

« Reply #599 on: December 11, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »
I too am having problems getting my Adore over 800. It barely gets to 800 in one corner after heating for an hour. Any advice appreciated. I complained to Pizza Party but I get no good suggestions.

whats your outside temp in Buffalo incl wind conditions?

whats your process for turning on the oven?

try changing your propane tank.

iirc, i read elsewhere about ppl changing out their regulators