A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!  (Read 10345 times)

augieleo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline titodavalos

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2018, 07:01:07 PM »
Not here to troll but I do have a few concerns.... Mainly with the integrity of the stones upon arrival. I see my concern was not addressed. Since then 2 people have mentioned chipped tiles. For me that is a non starter as when I buy a new product I want it to look new when I unbox it. Not convinced by the packaging. I mean tiles seem to rest on bottom of box with no styrofoam.

I know that if my oven arrived intact I would love it. But if it arrived with a broken tile and no adequate resolution I would be so bummed.  I truly believe it to be superior to roccbox. I love everything about it. Not convinced by the tile swap video as you can even see in it a tiny chunk fly out. And to top it off I see that this oven which was supposedly on sale until black Friday has actually gone up in price from 540 to 576 which would seem to go against the spirit of the advertised sale. Still a great price but still....

SO want to take the plunge as I trust the expertise of all the members on this forum who rave about pizza party ovens.

I guess I still have time to see the reviews coming in. Like I said, I love everything about this oven.

Offline NomNomNom

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2018, 07:02:07 PM »
There is a video that demonstrates how to do it. Basically use a couple of screw drivers to pry them up and then you pull them out. It doesnít look overly easy. Even the guys making the video appeared to bang/scrape a little. Hoping the Saputo floor will work for other stuff too. If not, Iíll probably just lay something on top with more conductivity.

Oh man...I'd be so nervous about breaking a corner off a tile doing that with screwdrivers.  :o

Offline NomNomNom

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2018, 07:07:37 PM »
Not here to troll but I do have a few concerns.... Mainly with the integrity of the stones upon arrival. I see my concern was not addressed. Since then 2 people have mentioned chipped tiles. For me that is a non starter as when I buy a new product I want it to look new when I unbox it. Not convinced by the packaging. I mean tiles seem to rest on bottom of box with no styrofoam.

I know that if my oven arrived intact I would love it. But if it arrived with a broken tile and no adequate resolution I would be so bummed.  I truly believe it to be superior to roccbox. I love everything about it. Not convinced by the tile swap video as you can even see in it a tiny chunk fly out. And to top it off I see that this oven which was supposedly on sale until black Friday has actually gone up in price from 540 to 576 which would seem to go against the spirit of the advertised sale. Still a great price but still....

SO want to take the plunge as I trust the expertise of all the members on this forum who rave about pizza party ovens.

I guess I still have time to see the reviews coming in. Like I said, I love everything about this oven.

The propane version is $540 while the natural gas version is at $576.

I too would be a bit concerned about a completely broken stone and how the vendor will deal with that. I wouldn't be bothered if just a small bit of a corner is chipped since that can always be placed in the back where it wouldn't really matter anyway. Does appear tho that they should do a better job of packing the stones.

Offline barryvabeach

Changing Stones
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
  I ordered the Saputo, but have my own cordierite that I intend to substitute.  My thought is that when I install the Saputo, I will wrap a wire around a finishing nail, and insert one nail with wire at the front and one at the back between the two tiles before I push them down.  When it comes time to take it up, I should be able to pull on the two wires.  My other option is to just slide a thinner cordierite stone on top, and I have one of those as well.   As to broken tiles, if they come shattered, that would be a major problem.  As I understand it small nicks in the corners or sides are not a major issue, the pie won't fall into a small chip.  Many have used stones with a crack all the way through, so long as the crack is tight, it isn't a problem.

While I already ordered mine,  unfortunately, Fed Ex had it take an extended stay since Tuesday morning in France, hope it is soaking up all to see in Paris before it jumps across the pond.   

Offline airbornewilly

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:28 PM »
FWIW, my unit came well packaged and the saputo stones were mint. I also paid the extra $30 for DHL but got my oven in 2 days.

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »
First pie is done and I'm really happy with the oven. Someone asked about exterior temps so I took a couple of pics showing that. Floor temp was 750 ish' when I took those.  The bake seems very even with only a little turning involved. The standard refractory tiles are the best for me as I bake in the 700's. In fact, it seems i need to launch at a higher floor temp in this oven versus the Blackstone to get comparable browning on the bottom. Anyway, it's a great little oven!!
Bob

Online Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
Yup, that's a perfect Capt Bob pie as we know and love! What was bake time Bob, about 2.5-3? Is that about a 12 inch pie? A little bigger trim than some of yours, yes? Which I love of course!

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2018, 10:28:49 PM »
Pizzas coming out of these ovens are looking good
Finally assembled mine today and the table it sits on before I realized my propane tank disappeared when we moved recently. Hopefully Iíll be baking tomorrow.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2018, 11:10:55 PM »
You are batting 1.000 CaptBob. Gorgeous pizza.

I need to open my box tomorrow and have a look. Itís been sitting just inside our front door for 2 days. I was afraid my 2 1/2 year old grandson, who has been with us for a few hours a couple days this week, might think it is a new drum. The box is in great condition. Hoping to find the same inside.
-Tony
I find it easier to imagine a diet of nothing but ice cream than one without ice cream

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2018, 09:54:01 AM »
Yup, that's a perfect Capt Bob pie as we know and love!

I agree and I'm glad you liked it Bob - the pizza looks fantastic too - the Ardore looks like it is going to be such a nice oven for so many people!!!!!!
Norm

Offline Mikey Ravioli

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2018, 01:03:12 PM »
I am thinking about ordering one for myself as a Christmas present. Deciding between this and the Roccbox. The Ardore seems to have a bigger floor and a higher max temp which I like. Plus its made in Italy  ;D.

I saw some talk of a discount code floating around. Would it be possible to share?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:44:39 PM by Mikey Ravioli »

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
  • If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2018, 01:54:20 PM »
First pie is done and I'm really happy with the oven. Someone asked about exterior temps so I took a couple of pics showing that.

You're not going to get an accurate reading from the stainless (the emissivity is very low, so it will read low)--you need to put something dark on there, let it heat up, and shoot it with the IR thermometer. Classic is black tape, but I wouldn't want to mar the finish with sticky.
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
great pizzas Bob!

beautiful support Gianni5

Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2018, 06:33:22 PM »
Yup, that's a perfect Capt Bob pie as we know and love! What was bake time Bob, about 2.5-3? Is that about a 12 inch pie? A little bigger trim than some of yours, yes? Which I love of course!

Thanks Tony and Bill.

Bill......yes...the pie was about 12 inches and took about 3 minutes.
Bob

Offline newfangled

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »

So has anybody compared this side by side to the Roccbox yet? I like the wider opening on this, but the design / look and feel and surface cover is more appealing on the Roccbox IMO

How long does this take to reach the temperature of 450 C with propane?

Offline csacks

• It takes some big onions.
« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:45 PM »
Growing impatient. Ordered mine on October 31 and it is still sitting in France Fed Ex as of November 9.  I ate Mexican food tonight :-\

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
First bake
The dough was too cold hence the crazy leoparding. Love the oven so far but Iíve never cooked at these temps and need to figure some things out.

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2018, 11:35:14 PM »
Second attempt
Turned the flame down low right before launch. Definitely got better browning on the bottom but bake ended being just over 2 minutes. I donít have my ir gun so canít say what the temperature was. Iíll do better next time

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2018, 11:36:08 PM »
Forgot pics

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2018, 11:51:08 PM »
First bake
The dough was too cold hence the crazy leoparding. Love the oven so far but Iíve never cooked at these temps and need to figure some things out.
Looking good! Iím going to be in the same boat wrt high temperatures when I fire mine up - and no Neapolitan dough experience. It probably will not be in the first group of things I work on. Iím interested in which floor you got?
-Tony
I find it easier to imagine a diet of nothing but ice cream than one without ice cream

wordpress