A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!  (Read 82977 times)

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Re: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!
« Reply #560 on: December 09, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »
Jonas......this oven doesn't have the "roar" of the Blackstone. I wondered the same thing the first time I lit mine. Your flame looks normal and I think you're fine....

^^^
Hans

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #561 on: December 09, 2018, 05:43:17 PM »
It looks better than Josh's (Irishboy's) who has been having flame intensity and floor temp issues, albeit getting satisfactory bakes in spite of said problems. One of the few problems I have seen with this oven!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline canugghead

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #562 on: December 09, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
I hope folks remember to season/preheat (not sure if it's required for Saputo only?) before running full blast.

Offline ARenko

• David
« Reply #563 on: December 09, 2018, 06:03:55 PM »
Couldn't wait for pizza dough.  Cooked some farinata today. 750/ 800 deck temp for about 5 min.  Best farinata I've made.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #564 on: December 09, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
^^^

Thank you!   Although I am hobbled because of my elbow, I bought some dough from a take-and-bake pizza place nearby.  I plan to have someone roll out the dough (yeah...I know; don"t judge) and doing some low-temp bakes (the dough has oil and sugar.  We'll see how it shakes out.

Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline p.d.clue

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #565 on: December 09, 2018, 09:46:28 PM »
2nd bake in the Ardore.  Made 8 250g doughballs: half SD and half IDY (in case something went wrong with SD).

SD: 44 hr ~65F | 63%H20 | 2.8% salt | 1.5% SD  Arrowhead Mills Unenriched AP
IDY: 44 hr ~65F | 63%H20 | 2.8% salt | .02% IDY  Arrowhead Mills Unenriched AP

Was pleased that the balls pretty much looked and performed the same.

Still much to learn and I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten the Saputo Bicsotto.

I noticed that the left stone is typically hotter than right stone (see pics taken at same exact time).

I'm still having trouble with not poking a hole in the Margheritas with turning peal.   Any pointers are welcome.  Is dough too thin?  Too much sauce?  Just need to be more careful?

White pies are coming out OK.  Pistachios a little more burned than I would like.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:57:17 PM by p.d.clue »

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #566 on: December 09, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »
A thin crust pepperoni, 711 tomatoes, mozzarella cheese

96 hour cold fermentation
65% hydration
Josh

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #567 on: December 09, 2018, 11:11:08 PM »
It looks better than Josh's (Irishboy's) who has been having flame intensity and floor temp issues, albeit getting satisfactory bakes in spite of said problems. One of the few problems I have seen with this oven!
Yeah, and we are not sure it is a problem with the oven yet.
-Tony

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #568 on: December 09, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »
2nd bake in the Ardore.  Made 8 250g doughballs: half SD and half IDY (in case something went wrong with SD).

Still much to learn and I'm starting to wonder if I should have gotten the Saputo Bicsotto.

I noticed that the left stone is typically hotter than right stone (see pics taken at same exact time).

I'm still having trouble with not poking a hole in the Margheritas with turning peal.   Any pointers are welcome.  Is dough too thin?  Too much sauce?  Just need to be more careful?

White pies are coming out OK.  Pistachios a little more burned than I would like.
That is a nice display. Very helpful. I got saputo and wish I had either got both or just the standard floor. Main reason is I don’t expect to me making Neapolitan more than half the time. May change my mind after plying with it more. Some talented people are turning out great Neapolitan pizzas with the standard floor.
-Tony

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #569 on: December 09, 2018, 11:44:53 PM »
Yeah, and we are not sure it is a problem with the oven yet.

Definitely not sure, it could highly likely be the propane tank? I was able to get mine to 700 after 40 minutes warming up on full heat. But I haven't really been stressing off of it because it's been working out pretty good for my pizzas at the temperature especially since I'm using malted flour
Josh

Offline jsaras

« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »
This is my first bake with the Ardore.  It violated my religion in many ways, store bought American dough, rolled out, low temp bakes (3:00 average on these), crappy WMLM from Sprouts (certainly not as good as Saputo Premium Gold).  In spite of all of that, it baked darn fine pizzas beyond my expectations.  I look forward to using this when I've returned to mt full powers.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2018, 12:02:38 AM »
I like the cover a lot as well.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »
This is my first bake with the Ardore.  It violated my religion in many ways, store bought American dough, rolled out, low temp bakes (3:00 average on these), crappy WMLM from Sprouts (certainly not as good as Saputo Premium Gold).  In spite of all of that, it baked darn fine pizzas beyond my expectations.  I look forward to using this when I've returned to mt full powers.

VERY nice, crippled up or not!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline titodavalos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2018, 01:02:43 AM »

Something odd seems to be going on in your oven.... Especially with last pizza but not just the last.... at 830F it should not be taking 2 minutes.... That is why the bottom is so charred (and yes, in my opinion I think you do have some thin spots).... And yet, in spite of being in oven for 2 minutes there does not seem to have been a lot of top heat as parts of the cornicione are downright pale.....

Hmmmm.... weird
I have saputo and love it but people have been getting great 60 second bakes with the stock floor.... Do you have a rolling flame across the ceiling? I know with mine I have been getting sub 60 second bakes at 850 with good top heat.... My next outing I will be trying closer to 950.
Humberto

Offline titodavalos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »
Those of you with Saputo might be interested in the following tiles.... I have a 14 by 14 stone but these tiles are 7.5" square times 4..... They would nicely fit inside the ardore and basically cover the whole floor while not being so snug as to make removal a hassle. Maybe the best of both worlds?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00JUIO9VY/?tag=pmak-20
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 01:20:14 AM by titodavalos »
Humberto

Offline canugghead

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2018, 01:53:42 AM »
Do you mean use the coedierite/refractory tiles (1) instead of Saputo, or (2) over?
I think the dilemma is, with (1) it's a pain to remove the tightly fitted Saputo, repeated switching could damage Saputo eventually, with (2) the pizza will be raised even closer to the already low ceiling.

Offline titodavalos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2018, 02:55:35 AM »
Do you mean use the coedierite/refractory tiles (1) instead of Saputo, or (2) over?
I think the dilemma is, with (1) it's a pain to remove the tightly fitted Saputo, repeated switching could damage Saputo eventually, with (2) the pizza will be raised even closer to the already low ceiling.

I have saputo... I agree... Even if I had the extra set of corderite bricks I would not want to be swapping them as that is asking to chip or break them at some point. So I have a corderite stone that is 14" square that is easy to take out cause it just goes on top. It is only like 3/8" thick. So while it does raise pizza the pizzas I cook on it will only be with oven at 650F....

Now as to the tiles I listed.... I believe that the inside dimensions are like 15.5" or something.... With those 4 tiles being 15" square, there is no problem sliding a putty knife under one of the tiles at the front and lifting it up.
Humberto

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2018, 05:46:02 AM »
I like the cover a lot as well.
So that cover fits the Ardore well? That would be great news.
-Tony

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2018, 05:57:21 AM »
PROMO:
from December 13th to January 2nd we do not ship, after the Christmas holidays we will begin to ship following the order date

i see your posts, thess are some notes:
- Not use the oven with LPG regulator over 11WC, it is not necessary, it is dangerous, damaged the oven.
- Use yours ovens outdoor
- Heating management (neapolitan pizza): make 30-35min max fire, and after reduce the fire, maintein the floor is about 750-800F, you make the pizza, consider that if the floor is over 800F, the cooking chamber is about over 900F. The temp of cooking chamber generally is more about 80-100F than floor temp.
- the code discount is available in this discussion https://www.ipizzaparty.it/forum/offerte-per-gli-iscritti-forum-members-offers/diventa-pizza-party-lover-e-risparmia-become-pizza-party-lover-and-save-money/

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:00:15 AM by pizza party »
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline jsaras

« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2018, 09:00:04 AM »
So that cover fits the Ardore well? That would be great news.

It fits snugly.  Unlike the bbq cover I have on my Blackstone, it will keep all the dirt out when the gardener goes by with a leaf blower.