A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!  (Read 86856 times)

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!
« Reply #1520 on: August 12, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »
Back to pizza making in this thread. Used the Ardore Friday night for our sons birthday. A couple of pics of a pepperoni, his request. Cooked at 800-850 stone temps unsung caputo red flour with 62% h2o and 2.5% salt.
Nice looking batch, Tom. Hope your son enjoyed his special meal.
-Tony

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1521 on: August 12, 2019, 03:22:47 PM »
Nice looking batch, Tom. Hope your son enjoyed his special meal.

He did. He had an entire pizza to himself. He was happy!!

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #1522 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:54 PM »
A few in the ardore
Josh

Offline al2

• Time to make the Pie!
Ardore gas fired pizza oven space saving - The Begin!
« Reply #1523 on: August 14, 2019, 02:30:33 PM »
A few in the ardore
Fabulous. Now I need to whip up a batch of dough after seeing these!

Offline Whisky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1524 on: August 15, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
A few in the ardore

Irishboy, are those 14" pies in the Ardore?

Offline BackyardPizzaiolo

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1525 on: August 15, 2019, 12:55:34 PM »
Hey guys, so I've finally been able to fire up my Ardore today for a quick test. I have a few questions:

1. What are the rubber feet-looking things that are included with the gas knob? There are 2 of them and it looks like rubber feet for metal chairs. Not sure where they fit.

2. Oven start: the instructions state to start on high and leave the knob pushed for 10 seconds for the safety thermocouple. What's the purpose of this and is it still necessary if the oven starts up quicker than 10 seconds?

3. Oven stop: according to the instructions the knob must be lowered to the lowest level for 3 minutes prior to shutting off. Why?

4. Can I just shut off the oven by closing the knob at the gas tank vs the oven knob? This will allow me to empty the hose so I can disconnect it without leaking propane. Seems like a better way to me but the manual states a different way. Just wondering if that's going to cause issues.

5. Someone raised a concern that if the oven is stored outdoors (like in an outdoor cabinet or something), the stones will get humid and shatter when heated up. Seems weird but I can see the logic. Anyone has insight on that?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:05:27 PM by BackyardPizzaiolo »

Offline ARenko

« Reply #1526 on: August 15, 2019, 04:58:13 PM »
1.  I vaguely remember something like this, but don't recall what I did with them (I want to say threw them away).
2.  The thermocouple measures temperature to detect that there's a flame - if the flame goes out the gas valve shuts off.  You have to get the thermocouple up to a certain temperature before it will let you stop holding in the valve.  In my experience you need 10 seconds when first starting up.  If your oven is already hot, you may get away with less time. 
3.  No idea.  Never do it.
4.  That's how I do it.
5.  I live in Houston (humid AF, if you're not familiar).  My oven is outdoors.  No problems. 

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1527 on: August 15, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
1.  I vaguely remember something like this, but don't recall what I did with them (I want to say threw them away).
2.  The thermocouple measures temperature to detect that there's a flame - if the flame goes out the gas valve shuts off.  You have to get the thermocouple up to a certain temperature before it will let you stop holding in the valve.  In my experience you need 10 seconds when first starting up.  If your oven is already hot, you may get away with less time. 
3.  No idea.  Never do it.
4.  That's how I do it.
5.  I live in Houston (humid AF, if you're not familiar).  My oven is outdoors.  No problems.

Cool thanks. I wasn't familiar with Houston up until last week when my wife got a job interview there... Might move there from Philly... Good move?

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #1528 on: August 15, 2019, 08:34:47 PM »

4. Can I just shut off the oven by closing the knob at the gas tank vs the oven knob? This will allow me to empty the hose so I can disconnect it without leaking propane. Seems like a better way to me but the manual states a different way. Just wondering if that's going to cause issues.

You can do it that way, but you should still turn off the oven knob at some point.  Otherwise, when you hook up the gas tank and turn the knob, it can trigger the safety, which will keep you from getting the full flow from the tank.

As to the others, agree with ARenko

Offline ARenko

« Reply #1529 on: August 15, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »
Cool thanks. I wasn't familiar with Houston up until last week when my wife got a job interview there... Might move there from Philly... Good move?
Can't say if it's good or not for you.  You might enjoy mild winters, but summer can be brutal.  It's a sprawling city and commutes can suck (live near work if you can).  You've got everything here - art, museums, pro sports, great food, etc...   COL is probably better than Philly.  Job market is good.  Overall I like it, but I wish it was more temperate and had better outdoor areas like the Hill Country. 

Offline wagonface

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1530 on: August 16, 2019, 02:55:44 AM »

1. What are the rubber feet-looking things that are included with the gas knob? There are 2 of them and it looks like rubber feet for metal chairs. Not sure where they fit.

1) the two black rubber feet go on the end of the turning and launching peels, on the end of the pole part.

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1531 on: August 16, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »
1) the two black rubber feet go on the end of the turning and launching peels, on the end of the pole part.

NICE! I didn't even associate the 2. Makes sense and I thought those peel ends were a little rough. A little bizarre not to spend the 5 seconds to insert them into the peels before shipping

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #1532 on: August 16, 2019, 09:54:28 AM »
Hi

are for the handle of pizza peels

2. Oven start: the instructions state to start on high and leave the knob pushed for 10 seconds for the safety thermocouple. What's the purpose of this and is it still necessary if the oven starts up quicker than 10 seconds?

is necessary some second to heat the safety thermocouple

3. Oven stop: according to the instructions the knob must be lowered to the lowest level for 3 minutes prior to shutting off. Why?

is to avoid thermal shocks

close before the oven knob

5. Someone raised a concern that if the oven is stored outdoors (like in an outdoor cabinet or something), the stones will get humid and shatter when heated up. Seems weird but I can see the logic. Anyone has insight on that?

generally there aren't problems, to avoid any doubt, it is sufficient to do moderate heating
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline ARenko

« Reply #1533 on: August 16, 2019, 10:27:46 AM »
Now I know I definitely threw them away, since I didn't order any peels.

Offline SDCAUS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1534 on: August 16, 2019, 02:04:46 PM »
Hi Simone,

I was planning purchasing the Ardore after the 18th when you guys start shipping. Will there still be discount codes for forum members? If so, can you send me a code?

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1535 on: August 16, 2019, 07:36:32 PM »
I'm with you. I actually had the Ardore in my cart on their website on Thu evening, and woke up Fri morning to make the purchase, only to realize the price went up like crazy. They refused to help me (had it in my cart!!) so I decided to skip on this for now.

What do you expect them to do? Are you suggesting that you're entitled to buy an Ardore at the introductory price because you had it in your cart, even though you didn't actually submit (or pay for) an order before the available stock sold out and the wholesale price for new ovens went up? PUH-LEASE! What about all the other prospective customers who had it in their carts but hadn't yet pulled the trigger? Should Pizza Party give them a break as well, or just you?

People put things in their carts and then change their mind all the time, and don't bother removing it. Does that obligate the retailer to hold the item forever on the off chance they'll eventually come back and buy it, and to sell it at the price at the time they put it in their cart? Try that with Amazon or any other vendor and see how far it gets you. You wouldn't do that if you owned a business, so what right do you have to expect ANYONE to do it for you?

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #1536 on: August 16, 2019, 09:08:32 PM »
What do you expect them to do? Are you suggesting that you're entitled to buy an Ardore at the introductory price because you had it in your cart, even though you didn't actually submit (or pay for) an order before the available stock sold out and the wholesale price for new ovens went up? PUH-LEASE! What about all the other prospective customers who had it in their carts but hadn't yet pulled the trigger? Should Pizza Party give them a break as well, or just you?

People put things in their carts and then change their mind all the time, and don't bother removing it. Does that obligate the retailer to hold the item forever on the off chance they'll eventually come back and buy it, and to sell it at the price at the time they put it in their cart? Try that with Amazon or any other vendor and see how far it gets you. You wouldn't do that if you owned a business, so what right do you have to expect ANYONE to do it for you?

He doesn't seem to imply entitlement... Customers can ask for gestures, rebates or anything else they see fit. The vendor is not obligated to grant the request and the customer is free to find another vendor. It's business... And YES you would absolutely do anything to get the lowest possible price from your suppliers if you were the procurement team in a business. If you don't you're a fool (and then you have to double your price list and lose customers because you didn't want to upset your suppliers!).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:14:55 PM by BackyardPizzaiolo »

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #1537 on: August 17, 2019, 03:50:16 AM »
night life
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline moti_r

• Moti
« Reply #1538 on: August 17, 2019, 03:56:02 AM »
What do you expect them to do?

I did not demand the original price. I reflected the immense regret I felt and the hope I had for PP to help me. I actually communicated with them over whatsapp the previous day. If stock was so low, and they'd let me know, I'd probably pull the trigger that same moment. I was under the impression I have more time, and as my wife asked me to wait till the morning so we can do it together, I waited happily to do it with her.

The bottom line: they should have been much more transparent. It is a clear example of the difference between being right and being smart. Think Amazon customer support.
In pizza we crust

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #1539 on: August 17, 2019, 01:22:48 PM »
Fabulous. Now I need to whip up a batch of dough after seeing these!
Ty , I try to get practice in every week ;D
Irishboy, are those 14" pies in the Ardore?
Correct I almost always do 13.5 to 14 inch pizzas in the oven 14 in is a little tight but pretty doable as you can see you're just not going to be able to turn it inside the oven I pull it out and give it a quarter turn and put it back in each time the only reason why you can't turn in the oven is because it hits the side flame bar
Josh