A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Help me find the recipe for this pizza please!  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: Help me find the recipe for this pizza please!
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 01:15:00 AM »
Shrekpower,

Your baguettes look very good!! And thanks for the link.
So there's also 75% hydration in your pizza dough? Isn't it too hard to handle? 75% starts to be on the high side.
You also baked the pizza with steam in the oven?
What about the pizza place, did they also use steam? And such a long bake?
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline shrekpower

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2020, 01:49:10 AM »
Shrekpower,

Your baguettes look very good!! And thanks for the link.
So there's also 75% hydration in your pizza dough? Isn't it too hard to handle? 75% starts to be on the high side.
You also baked the pizza with steam in the oven?
What about the pizza place, did they also use steam? And such a long bake?

You are more than welcome for the link my friend. The dough is quite hard to manipulate and it's a pain in the ass. I find it a bit gummy and also not super elastic.  But to be quite honest with you, it's all part of the learning process and experiments. My new mission is to make the dough easier to deal with. Maybe adding oil? decrease hydration a bit, things like that... I know nothing about science behind it, I learn by doing even if it takes longer!

Como Restaurants use conveyor belt ovens.. People will probably call me crazy lol but yes I used steam to bake the pizza.  I just kept what worked well to make the baguette in the first place, I thought to just replicate the same formula with my pizza dough. Here's a brief description what I found on google what steam does to your baking process :  "Steam helps keep the crust soft during the first five or ten minutes so the loaf can get that final expansion. It also helps dissolve sugars on the surface of the dough that caramelize during baking and give you a glossy, crisp crust."

One day I found a cook from Como and he told me this : bakery flour with fresh yeast and lots of salt for a good dough ... the oven cooks the pizza at 475 F for 7 minutes.
The temperature of your water must be almost perfect to avoid that your dough sticks or makes lumps (tempered by feeling at 25C, is slightly warmer than body temperature)
In Como, always refrigerate the dough in individual portions well formed into a ball before kneading it.

To be quite honest, I don't really know if he was being honest or not since it was through a facebook conversation. He might have just told me BS stuff to not share their secrets. My personal feeling is that he was telling the truth, but again, there is NO WAY the pizza in my oven would be cooked after 7 minutes... Conveyor belt oven pizza VS Home oven is 2 different world my friend. With the conveyor belt oven, the food is cooked using forced air impingement, radiant heat, or infrared heat.

Btw, I speak french, I'm from south shore Montreal, Canada. Not sure about you ? I saw your location : A French in China!

If you speak french : Bien content de faire ta connaissance mon ami! :)

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2020, 08:12:17 AM »
Yes I'm French indeed!

Ravi de faire ta connaissance aussi! J'ai un de mes frères qui vit au Québec, mais au nord, vers Rivière-du-loup !

I assumed 75% hydration would be a PITA, and I doubt they use such high hydration.
About the crust color, as they don't use steam, they surely have other "things" in the dough that help coloration: sugar, malt, milk (lactose)...

"he told me this : bakery flour with fresh yeast and lots of salt for a good dough"

Well, he didn't take any risk because obviously dough needs flour, yeast and salt  :-D. Needs to define what is "lots of salt", but usually 2 to 3% of the flour (3% is too much for me, I prefer 2-2.5%).

Balling before fermentation is also a very standard procedure, specially in commercial setting, otherwise you may have problem opening and spreading your dough skin!!

There's millions interesting threads to read (and links to open) in the forum, if you have time just have a good read, you'll learn thousands of valuable content  :chef:

Ciao ciao !
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »
Honestly? This is a joke!? How can you make and then sell pizza this way?  >:(
Yael,

About five years ago, a thread was started on Vincent's pizza that ran for 59 pages and got close to 100,000 page views  ;D:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=36842.msg366688#msg366688

Peter

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 04:00:05 AM »
Yael,

About five years ago, a thread was started on Vincent's pizza that ran for 59 pages and got close to 100,000 page views  ;D:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=36842.msg366688#msg366688

Peter

I started to read the thread (till p.3) but nobody mentioned the hygienic attire  :-D
The pizza does have something you want to know about though! I went through a couple of links and got interested by molasse. I'll have to try it.

Offline Johnlernert

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 07:30:59 AM »
Yael,

https://hollyshelpings.com/
Peter

How do you make a professional pizza?

Offline shrekpower

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 02:58:59 PM »

Good day Johnlernert, I am not sure who you are asking the question to?

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 09:20:00 PM »

Wear a chefs jacket with your name on it and a silly looking hat.  🤗.   Bunch of tattoo's always compliments the look... Can't hurt.   🥴

Golden!!  💪
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 09:23:55 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

wordpress