A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Dough Cutting and Balling and Wrapping  (Read 246 times)

Offline halo10v2

• I Love Pizza!
Dough Cutting and Balling and Wrapping
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »
I have a pizza shop that sells around 50 pies a day and it seems to me that we take too long to cut and roll our dough balls. We just have one person doing dough at a time. We make 25 lb batches and it usually takes us 45 minutes to cut/ball/wrap. If it was just the cutting and balling, I would say it take about 30 min. We currently wrap each dough ball individually with saran wrap and store them on sheet pans. It isn't in the cards currently to buy dough boxes. If anyhow has suggestions for a better sheet pan wrap method that keeps the dough from drying I'd love to hear it. I had been looking for food grade liners to cover the whole sheet pan but the ones I purchased kept ripping when sliding on our racks when we grabbed dough. I know part of the problem is individually wrapping dough.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: Dough Cutting and Balling and Wrapping
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:16:38 PM »
These have been popular since Essen1 (Mike) mentioned them recently.see reply #2354 if this link does not lead directly to his post.
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=8093.2340
-Tony
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon

Offline vtsteve

• Supporting Member
  • If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:13:37 PM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline bradtri

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:34 PM »
Sheet pans with plastic lids. There are also stackable to take up very little space

A Taste of Naples Pizza
www.atasteofnaplespizza.com
https://www.facebook.com/ATasteofNaplesPizza/
"Let Us Bring A Taste of Naples To Your Next Party"

Offline halo10v2

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
Thanks for the responses everyone! I am going to give those full size bun pan plastic covers a chance first. The hard plastic covers look great but it's not right for our current setup, but I will try them if they don't work.

For those who are running a pizza place, how long does it take you to cut and ball 25 lbs of dough? I know it changes based on how many oz the dough balls are. I just want to know generally what it takes others.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 11:36:23 AM »
We have two people cutting, balling, boxing 85-pounds of dough (50# flour weight) in approximately 17-minutes with a 12-ounce scaling weight. The accepted rule is to get the entire dough cut, balled, and into the cooler within 20-minutes after mixing. After that your dough is beginning to proof and inconsistent cooling of the dough will be the end result.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor