A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Naples Pizza  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • A sour dough makes a happy me
Re: Naples Pizza
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »
I'd put 50 KalÚ on your list.
-Heine. Mostly Neapolitan sourdough pizzas in an electric Effeuno P134H.

Offline ShevyChase

• Salami picante e gorgonzola
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
I'd put 50 KalÚ on your list.

Puh, grazie mille, nearly missed this one :D ! Its a bit far but I think its worth it.
So far thats my itinerary (my poor gf :D):
Thursday night fried Pizza at Starita in Materdei (since its next to our airbnb)
Friday Gino Sorbillo for lunch and 50 Kalo for dinner
Saturday DiMatteo lunch and Pizzeria al 22
Sunday lunch on our way to the airport L'antica da michele

PS.: thats the first place iin my list, if anyone interested to see how they do it :)

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • A sour dough makes a happy me
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2019, 12:43:49 PM »
Puh, grazie mille, nearly missed this one :D ! Its a bit far but I think its worth it.
The Metro goes close by there and it's very easy to ride. First time in Naples we just went to the nearest station, bought tickets and got onboard the next train. Definitely recommend it if you're going out to 50 KalÚ since it's an hour walk from the other side with the other pizza places.
-Heine. Mostly Neapolitan sourdough pizzas in an electric Effeuno P134H.

Offline ShevyChase

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
The Metro goes close by there and it's very easy to ride. First time in Naples we just went to the nearest station, bought tickets and got onboard the next train. Definitely recommend it if you're going out to 50 KalÚ since it's an hour walk from the other side with the other pizza places.

We will go for sure, thanks alot for the tip!

Offline communist

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »
Da Michele Rome - thin, light, flavorful

Offline communist

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2019, 08:24:15 PM »
Had da Michele in Florance.  Amazing Neopolitan margherita pizza.  JSaras with a great recommendation.

Offline jsaras

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:09 AM »
Had da Michele in Florance.  Amazing Neopolitan margherita pizza.  JSaras with a great recommendation.

I wouldn't steer you wrong ;-D
Things have never been more like today than they are right now.

Offline ShevyChase

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »
Left Napoli yesterday and we had a pizza streak :D, 5 Pizza places in a row. Unfortunately we planned Da michele before our flight but Sunday it was closed :(

Pizza Itianary was: Starita (fried pizza) - Di Matteo - 50 Kalo -  Tratoria 22 - Sorbillo

@Heikjo, much thanks for your 50 Kalo tip! In fact he is one of the Salvo brothers I mentioned earlier :).

All of the Pizzas were exceptionally good, however we had to wait 2h to get into Sorbillo which ruined completely our evening and Sorbillo was the only place where the owner wasn't present. I am still bit salty, though the pizza was superb, I think this place its a bit over hyped so I personally won't return. Pizza & Tratoria al 22 was a very good tip and I find it very underrated!

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2019, 07:46:18 PM »
Left Napoli yesterday and we had a pizza streak :D, 5 Pizza places in a row. Unfortunately we planned Da michele before our flight but Sunday it was closed :(

Pizza Itianary was: Starita (fried pizza) - Di Matteo - 50 Kalo -  Tratoria 22 - Sorbillo

@Heikjo, much thanks for your 50 Kalo tip! In fact he is one of the Salvo brothers I mentioned earlier :).

All of the Pizzas were exceptionally good, however we had to wait 2h to get into Sorbillo which ruined completely our evening and Sorbillo was the only place where the owner wasn't present. I am still bit salty, though the pizza was superb, I think this place its a bit over hyped so I personally won't return. Pizza & Tratoria al 22 was a very good tip and I find it very underrated!

Sounds like you had great time.  It's been a while since I've been to the Sorbillo in the historic center, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't wait two hours either.

Happy you liked Pizzeria Al 22. The place should get more attention. Here are some pics if people are curious:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187785-d2187136-Reviews-Pizzeria_Al_22-Naples_Province_of_Naples_Campania.html