A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: effeuno P134 H special edition  (Read 529 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
effeuno P134 H special edition
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:16 AM »
  Hi. I had contacted effeuno on purchasing the above oven. it is a special high temperature oven for Neapolitan pizza .they do not ship to the US but, they quoted me a price based on me getting a shipment from Italy to the united states. trying to see if there is any interest. the cost is not determined because they quoted 400 euros not including  taxes and shipping. i must buy a pallet which is 16 units.
 This is what i know first about the oven: thermostats to 500 degrees centigrade. 50/60 hertz. will be compatible to US 220 lines. will have the saputo floor. this will cook a 60 second Neapolitan pizza.
 i have a supplier that ships in olive oil he would be willing to put a pallet of ovens on his container.
 i would like to know if there is any interest in a group buy.the ovens would have to be shipped to each member by my local ups store.they usually work with me and ship below normal rates.
  If i can get an oven to a member for under a maximum of 1000.00 dollars i would like to know if there is any interest. Final cost would be My cost Plus shipping from UPS or another agent i fit would be more reasonable.
 lot of unknowns such as taxes, my shipping rate for the pallet.and final shipping. the above may be way high and if so i would make adjustments.So i need at least 14 people interested.

Offline wotavidone

Re: effeuno P134 H special edition
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »
What a great offer. I'd be very surprised if you don't get enough takers.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 10:42:33 AM »
I'd do it in a heartbeat except that it would cost me 10X that to get another 220V circuit in my kitchen, IF it's even possible.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »
Craig, if you have two 115v independent circuit legs close together in your kitchen (likely) you could easily fab up a cable that would work and be very safe - happy to make a diagram with parts list / instructions if you are interested - might just take me a day or two to find time to put it together for you... Just need to know what the end of the cable looks like on the oven.
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP
Focus is NY style but do others too
Preferred Flour (for NY pies) is All Trumps BB
Preferred temperature for NY is 550F, for NP 900+F
Preferred type of yeast IDY

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
That's a good idea. I'll check and see if I have separate circuits on the counter where I would put it.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 11:49:18 AM »
Just FYI, (not sure how much background on this you have so apologize if you already know this) you need to make sure the separate circuits are on different legs in the breaker panel - not just on separate breakers. Generally (there can be exceptions) breakers on different sides (left or right) in your panel are on different legs (aka phases).
Norm
Baker's Pride GP-61 NG, Baker's Pride M02T 220V, PizzaParty Ardore (with saputo tiles) LP

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:27:12 PM »
Don't they usually alternate back and forth down each side of the panel? How else would a double-pole breaker work?

Offline Heikjo

• Lifetime Member
  • A sour dough makes a happy me
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
Is it legal to connect a single appliance to 230V by using two different circuits with different phases?

Do most US homes get two or three phases 230V and distribute cirucuits on one phase and neutral to get 120V?

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 12:55:55 PM »
Most homes in the US. use / get single phase 230v service - yes, I believe it would be legal but I (everyone) would have to check local and state regulations (to be sure) - I know it would be safe if done properly and I would not say that if I was not sure. Also that is how all the 220/230v circuits are wired in homes today. In newer homes on the 220/230v circuits the neutral wire has been eliminated (so 220/230 outlets have 3 prongs - one for each leg and one for ground). Older homes may have four prongs (the extra prong is the neutral). A simple test to see if the outlets are on different circuits (assuming you have and know how to use an voltmeter) is:

Set the meter to measure / read AC volts.
Insert one probe in the hot side of one receptacle (the smaller slot).
Insert the other probe in the hot side of the other receptacle.
If you measure 240 volts (or close to it), then the receptacles / outlets are on different legs. If you measure 0 volts, they are on the same leg.

It is possible that a house could have 3 phase service, specially if it had a business on the premises. So it would be important to know that, understand what load you intend to run on the circuit, what the rating of the individual circuits are. All pretty easy to figure out...
Norm

Offline schold

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:35 PM »
Thinking only about myself as usual, I have to admit that I would love for other forum members getting their hands on Effeuno ovens and sharing their results, experience and thoughts on it. No special edition, but I am really pleased with the P134H that I got (which does have a more powerful broiler than other P134H models that have been sold).

The next oven I want to buy, is the one below.

(Please pardon this off-topic post).
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Online vtsteve

• Supporting Member
  • If my pizza is wrong, I don't want to be right!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 03:54:38 PM »
Craig, if you have two 115v independent circuit legs close together in your kitchen (likely) you could easily fab up a cable that would work and be very safe - happy to make a diagram with parts list / instructions if you are interested - might just take me a day or two to find time to put it together for you... Just need to know what the end of the cable looks like on the oven.

A GFCI protection device operates on the principle of monitoring the imbalance of current between the circuit's ungrounded (hot) and grounded (neutral) conductor. It does not monitor the grounding conductor, and so it will still operate in a circuit without a ground.

If the kitchen outlets are GFCI protected, it shouldn't work.
In grams we trust.
My wood-fired NY thread: Pizza Thursday

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »
I would not bet my life on that but if they are AFCI vice GFCI maybe that would / could be an issue - Craig is not in a brand new house so doubt they are Arc type.

BTW, way do you think a GFCI would go - the load should be balanced and within spec?
Norm

Online vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 04:09:09 PM »
If your circuit is 240V leg-to-leg with no neutral, then the individual 120V circuits would see full current on the hots and *no* return current on the neutral, so the design assumption is "dead short to ground" and they'd *better* trip.   :-D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:11:22 PM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.

Offline Little bean

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • DiLauro’s Pizzeria
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 04:44:08 PM »
What is the maximum sized pizza you could cook on this oven?

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »
If your circuit is 240V leg-to-leg with no neutral, then the individual 120V circuits would see full current on the hots and *no* return current on the neutral, so the design assumption is "dead short to ground" and they'd *better* trip.   :-D

The 115v individual circuits each have a neutral that is tied to ground / earth (near the panel) so you would just connect the neutrals together on the common post and keep the two hot legs on the other two - seems like it would work fine to me but maybe your right and not worth it. What do you think?
Norm

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 05:03:55 PM »
Meeting this week with my friend who imports evoo. On how we can get a pallet of ovens shipped.

Online vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 05:35:00 PM »
The 115v individual circuits each have a neutral that is tied to ground / earth (near the panel) so you would just connect the neutrals together on the common post and keep the two hot legs on the other two - seems like it would work fine to me but maybe your right and not worth it. What do you think?

I'm assuming ( :)) two x 120V circuits, each protected by its own GFI, on opposite sides of the incoming split-phase 240V. The GFI monitoring each 120V circuit is looking for a balanced flow of current along their respective hot/neutral leads.

If you connect the two hots -- with, say, a thermostat and heating element(s) -- current flows between them, and no current flows on the neutrals (assuming, again, that it's a straight 240V appliance with a three-prong [hot-hot-ground] plug). Each GFI will see current on the hot, and none on the neutral (whether or not they're tied together, unless there's a wiring error). The GFIs should trip.

I saw a guy running a 240V cotton-candy machine on a jury-rigged cord as described (but sh!ttier :-D), and it worked fine; the problem is the (assumed  :-D) GFIs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:49:50 PM by vtsteve »
In grams we trust.

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
    • MyPizzaMaster
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »
The 220/230 is not split phase technically (although most people, including me, ofter refer to it that way) - it is a single electrical phase that is taken off different parts of a transformer winding (that is what gets the two lines out of phase and creates the greater difference in potential - 115 vice 230v). I'm busy for the rest of the afternoon with pizza but I'll create an end to end diagram for you tomorrow. I would be interested in what you think after seeing it. Not something I would recommend any longer since you don't think it will work and I have never tried it. BTW, I do still think it could work but I'm not the one doing it so I would hate to be wrong and create problems for someone else.
Norm

Online vtsteve

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
The 220/230 is not split phase technically (although most people, including me, ofter refer to it that way) - it is a single electrical phase that is taken off different parts of a transformer winding (that is what gets the two lines out of phase and creates the greater difference in potential - 115 vice 230v). I'm busy for the rest of the afternoon with pizza but I'll create an end to end diagram for you tomorrow. I would be interested in what you think after seeing it. Not something I would recommend any longer since you don't think it will work and I have never tried it. BTW, I do still think it could work but I'm not the one doing it so I would hate to be wrong and create problems for someone else.

Eh, I'm bored with this one, but ok.  :)
In grams we trust.

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »

I saw a guy running a 240V cotton-candy machine on a jury-rigged cord as described (but sh!ttier :-D ), and it worked fine; the problem is the (assumed  :-D ) GFIs.
A friend of mine who just died had a daughter-in-law from southern Mexico. On his visit there to meet her family this is the wiring he found. I believe this is on a flat roof. It’s been several years since he sent it to me. Happily, they live here now and she is a great gal.
-Tony
Enjoy every sandwich. - Warren Zevon

wordpress