A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Peerless on PMQ  (Read 667 times)

Offline pieguyevan

Peerless on PMQ
« on: January 14, 2019, 04:25:46 PM »
Hey Guys! Been looking at upgrading my pizza ovens. I do a mostly new york style pie. My current ovens are Blodgett 900 series, but just can't keep up during peak hours. Therefore, customers wait longer for a more dried out/cold cooked pizza. I have looked at the bakers pride Y600, and am pretty set on it. But in todays issue of PMQ on the cover was an ad for Peerless. I've done some forum searches here about them, but they are all pretty old posts, with not much information. Anyone here have any current info on them? Thanks for everything!

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
Re: Peerless on PMQ
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:41:04 PM »
I'd stick with the Y600.

There are several threads on the PMQ Think Tank regarding the Peerless ovens and they are not very flattering.
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:56:30 AM »
I have no personal experience with Peerless ovens Iím just curious what other ovens you might have considered?  Iíve bought 2 Marsal MB ovens in the last 5 years and am very happy with them. Iíve used blodgettís for years and prefer the marsal hands down. I also have some experience working with a Bakers Pride oven and theyíre definitely a solid option as well.

Offline pieguyevan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:26:35 AM »
Thanks for the reply's! Thats kind of what I was worried about, but I figured since it was on the "peel" cover of PMQ that maybe they had stepped up their game. I'm leaning more toward the Bakers Pride Y600 mostly because of that sweet, sexy 120K BTUS. Never done much work on those though, and the 12K used price tag hurts a little bit. But overall if I can put better cooked pizzas faster during my weekend nights, it'll pay for itself. Thank you guys for your input!

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:29:59 AM »
Thanks for the reply's! Thats kind of what I was worried about, but I figured since it was on the "peel" cover of PMQ that maybe they had stepped up their game. I'm leaning more toward the Bakers Pride Y600 mostly because of that sweet, sexy 120K BTUS. Never done much work on those though, and the 12K used price tag hurts a little bit. But overall if I can put better cooked pizzas faster during my weekend nights, it'll pay for itself. Thank you guys for your input!

Have you looked into those? Double stack, 120K BTU, completely brick-lined on the inside.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Montague-Hearth-Bake-Double-Stack-Stone-Deck-Pizza-Ovens-Model-25P-2/173697718338?hash=item287130d842:g:hWIAAOSwHu5cGS0k:rk:1:pf:0
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Briznitch

• Izzy's Pizza Bus coming April 2019!
    • Izzy's Pizza Bus
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 12:50:02 AM »
I finally spoke with people in person at the Pizza Expo (and beyond) who use Peerless, rather than the few reviews you mention that I saw as well. I also saw the ovens in person, and even bought one. Gets delivered in 2 weeks.
My opinion without even using them: They rock especially for the price. Yea, not absolute perfect, but nobody can tell me any real complaints from them using it. The specs are there. They are built great, I'm really impressed by the iron door hinges on mine (2324P). They've been making ovens a long time, I'd say ignore the 3 weird reviews that are out there and try to ask some people. I did and I'm glad, people seem pretty happy with them overall. I will post an update in a few weeks when I start to cook on it.
Izzy's Pizza Bus - Las Vegas, NV - Mobile Pizza

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
so you purchased equipment without baking in it?  ::)

I finally spoke with people in person at the Pizza Expo (and beyond) who use Peerless, rather than the few reviews you mention that I saw as well. I also saw the ovens in person, and even bought one. Gets delivered in 2 weeks.
My opinion without even using them: They rock especially for the price. Yea, not absolute perfect, but nobody can tell me any real complaints from them using it. The specs are there. They are built great, I'm really impressed by the iron door hinges on mine (2324P). They've been making ovens a long time, I'd say ignore the 3 weird reviews that are out there and try to ask some people. I did and I'm glad, people seem pretty happy with them overall. I will post an update in a few weeks when I start to cook on it.

Offline Briznitch

• Izzy's Pizza Bus coming April 2019!
    • Izzy's Pizza Bus
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:06 AM »
so you purchased equipment without baking in it?  ::)
Yep. And I'm not worried at all. Why?
Izzy's Pizza Bus - Las Vegas, NV - Mobile Pizza