A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Looking for thin crust sauce recipes  (Read 452 times)

Offline DGVol1

Looking for thin crust sauce recipes
« on: February 01, 2019, 10:17:07 PM »
I must have made 50 different pizza sauce recipes but have yet to find the flavor I’m looking for.  Most of my attempts end up with a bit of a bitter tone to them and I’ve tried fewer spices, more spices, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar ,etc. but still not satisfied.  Any suggestions?

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Looking for thin crust sauce recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 10:34:19 PM »
Have you tried any of the Stanislaus products? Their 7/11 Ground Tomatoes with a little fresh or roasted garlic and fresh basil added to the sauced skin is one of my favorites after nothing but thin sliced vine ripened tomatoes (brush the skin with olive oil add the garlic and fresh basil then lay the slices of fresh tomato over the skin in place of a conventional sauce...excellent flavor, my all time favorite, but that's just me. Sometimes simple is the best.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline bobgraff

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
I echo Tom's recommendation of Stanislaus tomato products.  The right tomato product can make all the difference.

I don't know what flavors you're aiming for, so see below for my preferred "bases", as well as my cracker crust sauce recipe:

Puree based sauce:
1 cup Stanislaus Full Red Super Heavy Tomato Puree
1/2 cup Stanislaus 7/11 ground tomatoes

Paste based sauce:
90g Cento Tomato paste
1/2 cup water
.5 tsp butter (melted)

Cracker Crust Sauce (Tommy's Pizza sauce clone)

1 cup Stanislaus Full Red Super Heavy Tomato Puree
1/2 cup Stanislaus 7/11 ground tomatoes
1/4 cup Peroni beer
3/8 tsp granulated garlic powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1/16 tsp black pepper
Bob

"I learn each day what I need to know to do tomorrow’s work." - Arnold Toynbee

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 03:34:08 AM »
Have you tried Garvey's Pizza Factory Clone? Quite good! Pastorelli's canned sauce comes close and is a favorite here. Many stores carry it.
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline mikep

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 12:01:34 PM »
Here's one I use for my grandmas pie.
I put a tablespoon of red wine vinegar into a cup of tomatoes that have been cooked for 5 minutes with nothing but olive oil and dried garlic.
It brightens it all up. I then make a sauce which I apply in a zig/zag line with a clear ketchup like dispenser of olive oil and pesto.
On s upper prebaked thin crust that has been baked between two 12x18 pans until brown, it's awesome.
Different tool in my 'toolbox'

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress