A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Ardore - non pizza  (Read 568 times)

Online barryvabeach

Ardore - non pizza
« on: March 03, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »
I didn't want my Ardore to be a one trick pony,  I have already baked some bread using residual heat ( and a door I fabricated ),  tonight was roasted new potatoes.  I sliced them and hit them with salt and olive oil.    I stole the idea from darqman https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=53390.msg565865#msg565865

I didn't time them, but the floor was around 750, and it was probably 2 to 3 minutes on the first side and then flipped the potatoes over and a minute or 2 or the second side.  I rotated the pan 180 degrees during each cooking session.    They came out pretty good.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:06:16 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline ARenko

• David
Re: Ardore - non pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 08:41:00 PM »
Glad you started this thread.  I was thinking about a thread like this since I also want to try other dishes in the Ardore.  So far I've made farinata and used the oven to heat up panigacci texts.  I plan to try naan and probably some indian tandoori dishes in the future. Here's a blurry photo of my farinata...

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Pizza Party oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party ovens official shop
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »
Interesting thread  ;)
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired ovens and gas fired ovens Pizza Party

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Pizza Party Facebook: Pizza Party lovers page

New Pizza Party lovers community: Ipizzaparty.it

Offline p.d.clue

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 04:18:27 PM »
I plan to try naan and probably some indian tandoori dishes in the future.

I have done naan and would be interested to see what kind of Tandoor inspired dishes you come up with.

Online barryvabeach

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 08:05:53 PM »
pd,   can you help us out by letting us know time and IR temp of the deck and the flame setting  for naan, and whether you have the stock tiles or the saputo.  My hope is that this thread will shed a little light on those settings.

Offline p.d.clue

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 10:20:12 PM »
I didn't document the deck temp for the naan.  I was kind of winging it. I have read that tandoor oven temps are similar to Neapolitan temps so I wasn't making a big effort up keep deck temp down. It was probably 825 to 850.

Stock tiles at highest flame setting.

Bake time was around 30 seconds and it ballooned like a pita.  Not really sure how authentic the end result was. 

Recipe was 35.7% hydration
6% SD
37% Yogurt
2.5% salt
3% oil

I think it could have benefited from higher oil and higher hydration and maybe a little sugar? Kind of hard to figure out net hydration with the yogurt.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:24:05 PM by p.d.clue »

Online barryvabeach

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »
Tonight was carrots -  deck was about 750, and I did it before I launched the pizza.  It turns out you really have to get the sizes even - for new potatoes, that wasn't that hard, but carrots taper in width, so even though I quartered the thicker ends, and left the short ends intact, they did not end up being the same size - so I had a few that were under done, and a few that were cinders.   I put them in and let them sit in the oven about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, took the tray out and the ones at the back of the over were already dark on the side facing up.  I flipped each carrot upside down, then rotated the tray 180 degrees -  it took another minute or two to be done on the second side.

Offline champignon

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 08:25:50 PM »
Tonight was carrots -  deck was about 750, and I did it before I launched the pizza.  It turns out you really have to get the sizes even - for new potatoes, that wasn't that hard, but carrots taper in width, so even though I quartered the thicker ends, and left the short ends intact, they did not end up being the same size - so I had a few that were under done, and a few that were cinders.   I put them in and let them sit in the oven about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, took the tray out and the ones at the back of the over were already dark on the side facing up.  I flipped each carrot upside down, then rotated the tray 180 degrees -  it took another minute or two to be done on the second side.

I prefer them raw, with Costco smoked sockeye salmon dip :-)

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 09:52:53 AM »
Bread party
cooking 25min 250'C, turn frequently
Simone

Official shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA and all taxes included

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 04:48:03 AM »
Roast:
cooking medium fire, heating 5min, cooking time about 30min, turn about every 5 minutes.
Grill with pan, pan is useful to maintein clean the floor  ;)
Simone

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
« Reply #10 on: Today at 05:50:52 AM »
Heating 5 min, cooking covered 15min, cooking not covered 10min. Medium fire. Turn about 10min
Simone

wordpress