A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Beautiful pizza in teglio alla romana video  (Read 648 times)

Offline john_k

• I Love Pizza!
Beautiful pizza in teglio alla romana video
« on: March 25, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=15&v=Yia0E_Iqtoc

Can anybody explain or translate the text?
Would AP flour work for this?

[EDIT]: This https://laconfraternitadellapizza.forumfree.it/?t=75899874 page, translated, explains the video somewhat.

Doses used in the video of Focacciaro:

NB in the video there is an error in the screen of the ingredients: 6 grams of salt are reported instead they are 8 and the oil is not reported for mere forgetfulness.

650g

cake Strong flour 361g
Cold water 289g
fresh LDB 2g
Salt 8g
Oil 7g
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:06:55 PM by john_k »

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Re: Beautiful pizza in teglio alla romana video
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:49 PM »
Thanks for the links!
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline DoouBall

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
You can open the recipe link with Google Chrome Browser which should automatically translate the page for you:

https://laconfraternitadellapizza.forumfree.it/?t=75899874

Offline kaham47

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 03:32:24 PM »
It's an old topic but If someone stumble upon it like me, here's the (google) translation of the text in the video. Not perfect but it gives a good idea :

650g stick (panetto)
361 gr flour (I used super Polselli)
289 gr water
2 gr brewer's yeast
8 gr salt // error in the video : 6 is a typo //
7 gr oil // error in the video : oil is not mentioned //

We dissolve the brewer's yeast in water (if we use oil we add it to the water) and mix the salt in the flour. Add the water all together and mix with a sturdy spoon leaving the dough very lumpy but making sure that there is no flour left dry. The batter effect which will entail a greater need for flour during the folds and a worse closing of the dough should be avoided.

We leave to rest for 30 minutes or 1 hour. In the summer it can be put in the fridge. In winter outside so as to start the leavening.

After the first break we make two folds in a bowl with a pot-licker (wet to facilitate the detachment of the dough) at intervals of 15-30 minutes.

Folds on the bench and bet. After the first two initial folds we start with the folds on the bench also at intervals of 15, 30 minutes and then put the dough in the bet at TC. Let's adjust based on how we feel the dough: from 3 to 5 folds usually but nothing prevents us from doing more or less.

We turn the dough upside down on flour so that the top is in contact with the counter. We cut and make the first movements of the silage on the flour and then finish on the clean part of the work surface in order to facilitate the closing with the final pirling. We avoid letting flour enter the folds otherwise it will be found in the dough. Let's give the dough a shape similar to rectangular containers, and round for round ones, it will be easier to spread.

We make sure that the stick growing still maintains a light dome shape, a sign that it still has that bit of rope sufficient to help us in the drafting.

Remember that it is an NK so we avoid too exasperated or energetic drafts. In this case I did the delicate draft that I think gives the best of itself with the NK.

I was wondering the fermentation time after the folds. I found this answer in the comment section fo the video:

«[...] Rest time after the folds (bet) varies according to the flour. In this case it seems to me it was about 40 hours.
After dividing the dough and forming the dough, the time varies according to the temperature and the yeast from 2 to 4 or 5 hours. Adjust with the container: once doubled, you can already start to spread.
To learn more, come and take a tour on the Forum. You will find a sea of useful info.
Thanks again»
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:33:34 PM by kaham47 »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress