A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: thepizzabible.com checkout problems any other online alternatives for AllTrumps?  (Read 571 times)

Offline DreamingOfPizza

• I Love Pizza!
I don't know if this is the right board to post this question in, but does anyone know what's going on with thepizzabible.com? I am trying to order some all trumps flour through the website but when I go to checkout I get an error message.

If their site is down forever does anyone know any good online sources for AT flour with reasonable shipping?

Online bobgraff

• Supporting Member
All Trumps can be purchased from NY Bakers .com.
Bob

"I learn each day what I need to know to do tomorrowís work." - Arnold Toynbee

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
There is probably a foodservice distributor near you that will sell it to you at their will-call for a fraction of the price you will pay to have it shipped.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
I don't know if this is the right board to post this question in, but does anyone know what's going on with thepizzabible.com? I am trying to order some all trumps flour through the website but when I go to checkout I get an error message.
DreamingOfPizza,

That is a problem that has persisted for some time:

See Reply 4 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=48774.msg489693;topicseen#msg489693

Peter

Offline DreamingOfPizza

• I Love Pizza!
There is probably a foodservice distributor near you that will sell it to you at their will-call for a fraction of the price you will pay to have it shipped.
Thank you for the suggestion Craig,
I live in Canada so my only option is to get it shipped either here or to my parcel receiving address in Washington, if the shipping isn't too bad.

Offline DreamingOfPizza

• I Love Pizza!
DreamingOfPizza,

That is a problem that has persisted for some time:

See Reply 4 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=48774.msg489693;topicseen#msg489693

Peter

Thanks Peter, that solves that!

Offline Essen1

• Lifetime Member
TG is gradually merging the Bible Shop with his new Giovanniís Online Shop.

Giovanniís will be the new portal for Pizza Bible items, as well as new addiotions, once everything is fully integrated. Thatís the latest info I have on that.

http://www.giovannispecialties.com/shop/
Mike

ďAll styles of pizza are valid. I make the best Iím capable of; you should make the best youíre capable of. I donít want to make somebody elseís pizza.Ē ~ Chris Bianco

Offline Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
Hey Mike, good to see you here!

Offline nanometric

• I Love Pizza!
My experience with AT is that it makes a dough that is very easy to work with and the crusts have excellent texture...but, it is seriously lacking in flavor compared to other flours, even with extended fermentation. Those qualities may be fine for commercial use, but less attractive for a home baker.

I got mine through a local resto (friends w/the owners). A 50 lb bag was just under $20 from their food distributor.

Offline DreamingOfPizza

• I Love Pizza!
TG is gradually merging the Bible Shop with his new Giovanniís Online Shop.

Giovanniís will be the new portal for Pizza Bible items, as well as new addiotions, once everything is fully integrated. Thatís the latest info I have on that.

http://www.giovannispecialties.com/shop/
That's great to hear! thank you!

Offline DreamingOfPizza

• I Love Pizza!
My experience with AT is that it makes a dough that is very easy to work with and the crusts have excellent texture...but, it is seriously lacking in flavor compared to other flours, even with extended fermentation. Those qualities may be fine for commercial use, but less attractive for a home baker.

I got mine through a local resto (friends w/the owners). A 50 lb bag was just under $20 from their food distributor.
Thank you for that input, I have been happy with the flour I use now but wanted to see how the AT compares to it. Also, most of the NY recipes I am interested in use AT flour so I assume I would have more comparable results to whoever I am trying to emulate. Being Canadian, I have read a few times from different bakers, pizza makers alike that the canadian grown wheat in our flour is usually of a higher quality and standard. I don't know if there is much truth to that or much difference in end result but am curious to see how a highly regarded flour like KASL and AT will compare to my Saskania High Gluten flour.

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member

Yup.  I get 50lb bags from a local distributor.

John

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Thank you for that input, I have been happy with the flour I use now but wanted to see how the AT compares to it. Also, most of the NY recipes I am interested in use AT flour so I assume I would have more comparable results to whoever I am trying to emulate. Being Canadian, I have read a few times from different bakers, pizza makers alike that the canadian grown wheat in our flour is usually of a higher quality and standard. I don't know if there is much truth to that or much difference in end result but am curious to see how a highly regarded flour like KASL and AT will compare to my Saskania High Gluten flour.
DreaminOfPizza,

I believe that what you have read about Canadian flours has merit, at least from what I learned about Canadian flours when I researched them several years ago and reported my findings in a few posts, including this one:

Reply 22 at https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=8363.msg73520;topicseen#msg73520.

Peter

Offline goslats

• I Love Pizza!
Thanks for the comment TXCraig1.  I've been trying to find Caputo 00 Pizzeria and you made the light bulb go on lol.  A couple of calls and now I can get the 55lb bag at $31.85.  It was the lowest price I could find on line and shipping was nearly $30. on top of that.  Now I can get it at a place not out of the way and save the shipping.   Good job!