A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Toaster Oven Pizza!  (Read 371 times)

Offline crabu2

• Pizza - Fun to do with my kid, and we love it!
Toaster Oven Pizza!
« on: March 29, 2019, 12:43:38 PM »
1st, let me say I'm new to pizza making.  I've been doing it for about a month now.. and in the time frame, just been picking stuff up and trying different things.  I guess I've gone to toaster ovens. LOL..

I started with a 250g dough ball..63% hydration. 2 parts KABF and 1 part Caputo Red.  It was rolled out to 10 inches.

Toaster over is a Black and Decker Extra large with air fry option.

I tried using a a screen last week, but it was bad...  I tried par-baking the crust too.  Better than the pizza screen, but still not good.  My buddy thought the par baked pie was pretty good.. he gave it a B.  I thought it was a D, C- at best.  I figured I needed a stone or steel, so I ordered one.  11x12" 3/8 A36 steel from ebay.  Came in yesterday.  Last night I seasoned it, in the toaster oven..  today I used it.

The toaster oven was set to 450 (Max), I let the steel heat up for 30 mins, then started making the pie.  By the time the Pie went it, I'd say the steel had been heating for 40 mins.  IR themometer was 480-497F on the steel.

I cooked it for 5 mins, turned it, cooked it for 3 mins, then turned it again.  Total cook time was just about 10 mins.

Here's the out come.. and I liked it.  Although the crust didn't brown enough, taste and texture was good.  Very similar to pizza's I've gotten at the malls.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:47:31 PM by crabu2 »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T