A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: streamlining the menu further  (Read 141 times)

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
streamlining the menu further
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:06:15 PM »
We have probably one of the simplest menus in America but Friday night I decided to streamline it further by taking small pizzas and calzones off dinner service.  We have gotten to the point where it is too complicated managing  up to 16 things baking at time in our 2 deck ovens.  I tend the ovens and make the pizzas (open and sauce them)  which is fine when slow but on busy weeknights I almost lose my mind (and back bending to the lower deck oven).  Now the most I can have in the ovens is 8 large pies and or a combination of Sicilian and large.   1/2 way through Friday night I surrendered as we had 15 items going at a time from opening up to 6pm.  At the end of the night we made more money as well and I felt like I have 20 more years of pizza making in me.  When I called it quits I felt like I had 1 night left in me  :-D.  This week will be a hassle having to explain things to customers but it will be old news sooner than later.   Plus it makes making dough a whole lot easier as I am only going to make 1 batch of small dough balls for the week.   
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:08:09 PM by waltertore »
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: streamlining the menu further
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:19:25 PM »
The reality of success and the reality and pain of the aging body! I wish you much more of the former and more energy for the latter brother!
One of my favorite quotes I've said here before......"Inside every old person, is a young person saying.....what the hell happened"???
 :P
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline waltertore

• Lifetime Member
    • Smiling With Hope Pizza
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 02:08:39 AM »
Thanks!  Luckily my 62 year old body is still going strong for making pizzas.  I just have to respect it  :-D
SMILING WITH HOPE PIZZA MISSION STATEMENT
TO CREATE HOPE AND MEANING IN THE LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
http://www.smilingwithhopepizza.com/

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:32:50 AM »
If nothing else, I have learned respect and learning to live within my physical means, go to the Y and swim a few days a week vs just sitting around and taking it, gotta fight back!!!! Grab the #*%$ bird by the neck!!!!!!😂🤣
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress