A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Multiple pizzas  (Read 321 times)

Offline Mitch300

• I Love Pizza!
Multiple pizzas
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:37:30 PM »
I have been making my own pizzas for a few years now. N.y. Style. I use a pizza stone and cook them on a gas grill. I plan of having some people over and agreed to make my pizza.about 13 will be eating. The question is,in the past I have made multiple pizza for the family and they just eat the pies as they come off the grill and donít mind waiting 10-15 minutes in between. I am getting quicker in making them. However, for the guest I donít want them to wait that long in between pies.
I also notice after the the pizza the stone cools down alitutle and the 2 nd pizza is not as crisp.
Do I pre bake them sort of like a pizzeria and when they all arrive and throw them on the stone for a minute or two. If this is ok, how long in advance can I cook them. I have been bragging about my pizzas so I want them to come out really good.
My second thought is bake one on the grill and another one in the oven ( I have 3 stones) or bake two in the oven and put the stones on the bottom rack and one on the top rack.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
    • Dough Doctor
Re: Multiple pizzas
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:53:19 PM »
Suggestion, have you thought about par-baking the crusts with only the sauce, then add the remainder of toppings and just finish baking. This will reduce the baking time by about 50% for most pizzas. You can make the par-baked crusts about an hour in advance of using them without any issues at all.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline Mitch300

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Multiple pizzas
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 06:29:32 PM »
Thatís a great idea. Thatís why I posted the question. :)
Thank you!

A D V E R T I S E M E N T