A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: A Collection of NY Slice Pizza Videos  (Read 188 times)

Online hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
A Collection of NY Slice Pizza Videos
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:30 AM »
Like many forum members I've watched (at least) hundreds of videos on NY pizza. While I like to refer back to and repeatedly watch my favorites, I'm very bad at using bookmarks to keep track of them. I decided to spend a few minutes thinking about it, and created a list of the most memorable ones for me.

Note that this isn't intended to be "the best" of anything or spark any debate. It's simply a list I can refer back to. And if it helps out some forum members, that'd be great too.

I'm sure I missed many good ones. Feel free to post any of your favorites. But please stick to NY slice style. There's plenty of space on the forum for another thread on the other types of pizzas in NY.

Bon Appetite – 23 NY slice pizzerias

The Pizza Show – NYC’s Other Boroughs

Margherita Pizza on Jamaica Ave – heavy on the cheese and grease, uses custom-made mesh screens

3 more slice joints in Queens

Master Frank Giaquinto makes and discusses pizza, filmed by legendary pizzamaking.com member Norma427. Note there are many other videos of Frank on Norma’s channel

Pizza Town Stretch – her talent and experience is obvious. Incredibly thin sauce. (I know this is New Jersey ;) )

Gaby’s Pizza Queens – It takes some muscle to open this dough.

NY Pizza Suprema – So much hard cheese!

How to stretch a pizza dough – good tutorial

Barstool Sports One Bite pizza reviews, these are for entertainment only, they don’t really offer much information. One example:

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:10:33 AM by hammettjr »
Matt

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
Re: A Collection of NY Slice Pizza Videos
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:19:41 AM »

Barstool Sports One Bite pizza reviews, these are for entertainment only, they don’t really offer much information.

He's a horse guy.  I knew he'd be in Saratoga and tried to get in touch with him to try my pizza.  I'll try harder next year.

EDIT:  The reviews he did here were spot- on.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:49:14 AM by jkb »
John

Offline hotsawce

Re: A Collection of NY Slice Pizza Videos
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »

Excellent video on pizza Suprema. One important point to note is a lot of places stretch slice pies to 20" - I'm not sure what Pizza Suprema Stretches to. Joe's and Best are 20".

Also very important - around 47 seconds you can see the excess of dough in the center of the skin before the pizza maker does the toss. I believe this has been termed the "edge stretch" here. In my experience, particularly with larger pies, you really need some extra dough in the center because it thins out quickly at 18" or more. You can see the thickness when the pizza maker tosses it in the air as well.

Look for the bubbles beneath the toppings later in the video, too!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:27:32 PM by hotsawce »

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress