After receiving my new 14” dark, anodized nonperforated cutter pan, docker and pan gripper from pizzatools.com (see 1st photo below), as well as a new Kitchen Aid food processor, I decided to try another cracker crust pizza. Using the expanded dough calculation tool, the following is the recipe I used for the crust:
Flour (100%): 211.48 g | 7.46 oz | 0.47 lbs
Water (37%): 78.25 g | 2.76 oz | 0.17 lbs
ADY (1%): 2.11 g | 0.07 oz | 0 lbs | 0.56 tsp | 0.19 tbsp
Salt (1.75%): 3.7 g | 0.13 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.66 tsp | 0.22 tbsp
Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (3.5%): 7.4 g | 0.26 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.63 tsp | 0.54 tbsp
Sugar (1.2%): 2.54 g | 0.09 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.64 tsp | 0.21 tbsp
Total (144.45%): 305.49 g | 10.78 oz | 0.67 lbs | TF = 0.07
Using sifted Harvest King flour (which seemed to have changed their packaging recently), the use of the food processor made combining the ingredients a breeze. I proofed the yeast for 10 minutes in 90 degree water and added it to the flour in the food processor, pulsed till it came together, then added the rest of the ingredients and pulsed for 30 or 40 seconds more. I dumped the cornmeal-like dough contents onto the counter and very easily pressed the ingredients together into a ball. I put the dough ball into a ziplock bag, pressed all the air out that I could and tightly sealed it and let it rise a little on the counter for about 3 hours, and thereafter put it into the refrigerator for approx. 24 hours. Afterwards I put the doughball into a covered bakeware-like bowl and put it into the slightly warmed oven for a couple of hours to warm up and soften the dough. I have learned to work my digital readout on my GE Profile oven to read that the temperature in the oven was around 117 degrees F, which I think is all right for proofing the dough.
Afterwards, I had little to no difficulty in rolling out the dough (see 2nd photo below), which was unlike my prior experiences reported earlier. Undoubtedly the warmed dough made the rolling much, much easier than before, and maybe the use of the food processor helped somewhat with that, too, but I'm not certain. I rolled the dough to about 15 inches (with a thickness est. to be around .055 to .06), cut it back to about a 14" diameter size, docked it on both sides (using my new docker implement . . . nifty tool), and then put it into the new 14" cutter pan, which I had pre-oiled to -- like Pete says -- get a better bottom crust color (see 3rd photo below).