A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Teglia romana high hydration with short fermentation ? (less than 1 day)  (Read 498 times)

Offline fckace

• I Love Pizza!
Hello guys,
Most of the time, when I want to make a pizza, I want it for the same day, meaning 8 hours of fermentation, or, 4 hours of fermentation.  :o
So I was wondering how much yeast should I use for a 80-85% hydration dough, with 4 or 8 hours of fermentation.
Thanks !

Offline Yael

• French Pizza !
    • my Wechat page
Hello guys,
Most of the time, when I want to make a pizza, I want it for the same day, meaning 8 hours of fermentation, or, 4 hours of fermentation.  :o
So I was wondering how much yeast should I use for a 80-85% hydration dough, with 4 or 8 hours of fermentation.
Thanks !

You can check my thread about the tests I made, reply 15 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=50472.msg576515#msg576515

For 4H RTF you may need as much as 1% IDY, maybe a little bit more. I still suggest you do it overnight or the morning for the evening... (why is that because you'll basically need a high gluten flour to take this high HR, but as you have a high gluten flour you'll need to ferment a longer time so the gluten can be weakened and become more digestible).
“Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist” - Pablo Picasso

Offline fckace

• I Love Pizza!
You can check my thread about the tests I made, reply 15 https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=50472.msg576515#msg576515

For 4H RTF you may need as much as 1% IDY, maybe a little bit more. I still suggest you do it overnight or the morning for the evening... (why is that because you'll basically need a high gluten flour to take this high HR, but as you have a high gluten flour you'll need to ferment a longer time so the gluten can be weakened and become more digestible).

Thanks for the recommandation Yael!

Online HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
Hans

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress