A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Caputo Nuvola, anyone tried it?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: Caputo Nuvola, anyone tried it?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 02:21:51 AM »
Soooo, I ordered the Antimo Caputo Nuvola Super Tipo 0 Flour from Amazon. It is a repack for a buck more than Brick Oven Baker website, and noted on Amazon that it is from them, but free shipping as I am a Prime member! Is $18 and change an avg price for a 5 pound bag, or does anyone have a cheaper route? I should have it on Monday.
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Jon....that's what I paid too. But, I just don't make that much pizza and just look at it as the cost of having a hobby...😐
Bob

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 11:27:27 AM »
Jon....that's what I paid too. But, I just don't make that much pizza and just look at it as the cost of having a hobby...😐

I haven't made a "homemade" pizza all summer! Gotta get my groove back on😳
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 11:18:05 PM »
Bob, did you use the formula on the back of the bag?  I was thinking of doing the updated Apizza Scholls (Spangler's) recipe, which isn't far off from the bags recipe.
Jon

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 01:05:25 AM »
Jon.....I did my usual Apizza Scholls thing.....
Bob

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 01:24:46 AM »
Jon.....I did my usual Apizza Scholls thing.....

That's what I'm doing too. Started my poolish just a bit ago with the addition of a bit of spelt. Do you do the updated version? I actually was doing his formula pretty close to his recently updated one before he made the change, didn't care for the oil in it. We'll see in a couple days????😊
Jon

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 10:37:54 AM »
Jon.....I'm not using oil in my doughs any more and haven't missed it a bit.....
Bob

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 08:44:54 PM »
Wellllllll, fcked that all up! My stretch and fold process, usually an hour or so,  literally stretched into 3+ due to running to the bakery, storage lot to pay up for a winter garage for the Miata, bs'n and stopped for a couple cocktails, got home, dough was still fine, divided, balled, cleaned everything up, mixer put away, and WHAT'S THE LITTLE CUP..........FORGOT THE SALT!!!!!! Got the dough back out, mixer back out  cut dough into little chunks, remixed WITH the salt, stretch and folds, everything all over again!!!! Dough got a little sticky and slack, but should be okay, at least I caught it. A bit of ring rust after 4-5 months vacation from dough making!😂 Will give the bake a shot tomorrow or Thursday but Thursday supposed to start getting crappy out and F,S,S worse. Might have to do a 1 day instead of a 2-3 day! Looking forward to the new flour bake regardless!
Jon

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 10:09:24 PM »
Welllllll, the spelt may not have been a great choice for this flour, and forgetting the salt and having to remix the dough was certainly a brain fart, but all and all the pies came out okay. Did 2, sausage, pepperoni, onion and mushroom 1 went across the street with my son in law, we had the other. 3.5 to 4 minute bakes. Stock floor 750°ish.....
Jon