A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Neapolitan in Rome  (Read 264 times)

Offline tfox39

• I Love Pizza!
Neapolitan in Rome
« on: June 03, 2019, 04:47:42 PM »
I just got back from spending 10 days in Rome. I had a large pizza list, but only managed to get around to a few of them between all of the meals we already had planned. Here are some of the Neapolitan pies, as well as a couple Roman and pizza al taglio pics.

First three are from Sbanco. A Stefano Callegari pizzeria/brewpub in a pretty cool area. Pizza was great. We tried the cacio e pepe just for kicks. Glad to try it, but would never want it again. It's like inhaling/choking on spoonfuls of cheese. The other was a margherita with mozzarella di bufala...and the last, I think maybe just a margherita with fior di latte? I can't remember, but the ball of cheese just ran across the pizza when you cut into it. It was fantastic. Maybe a little over sauced for my taste, but still good.

Offline tfox39

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Neapolitan in Rome
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:48:15 PM »
The next three were from Giulietta in Testaccio. Very modern, large table setting. They have a Roman and Neapolitan menu. This time we got two from the Roman side and one Neapolitan. The latter had potato, nduja, caprino cheese, and fior di latte. This may have been my favorite round pizza of the trip. I would have liked a little more nduja, but the fior di latte with the spice, as well as the potatoes, was incredible.

The Roman style were a mortadella, pistachio pesto, fior di latte pizza and a Squacquerone cheese, arugula, basil pesto, prosciutto cotto. The first felt almost like a mix between Roman and Neapolitan. It had a slightly thicker, softer crust. The second one definitely was like a cracker, which I'm sure can attribute to probably none of the ingredients being cooked on it in the oven. Both were pretty good, but I still enjoyed the spicy one a lot more.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress