A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Grande Cheese In the Midwest  (Read 209 times)

Offline Pizza Student

• I Love Pizza!
Grande Cheese In the Midwest
« on: June 24, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
I am looking for Grande Cheese Whole Milk Mozzarella in the St Louis MO area. Does anyone know of a company that carries Grande or a good online shopping option that carries it?

For awhile I was using the whole foods shredded mozzarella and really loved it but I believe they have changed cheese since they switched over to amazon. If anyone knows of a good substitute to grande please let me know. To be specific, I am looking for a shredded whole milk low moisture mozzarella.

Offline dmwierz45

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Grande Cheese In the Midwest
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 07:37:15 AM »
I am looking for Grande Cheese Whole Milk Mozzarella in the St Louis MO area. Does anyone know of a company that carries Grande or a good online shopping option that carries it?

For awhile I was using the whole foods shredded mozzarella and really loved it but I believe they have changed cheese since they switched over to amazon. If anyone knows of a good substitute to grande please let me know. To be specific, I am looking for a shredded whole milk low moisture mozzarella.

Our local Gordon Food Services (GFS) carries the 5 pound bag of "diced" Grande mozzarella in their store reefer case. I have also found they will order anything else they carry in their system. For example, I've ordered boxes with 2x3Lb tubs of their outstanding Fior di Latte Ovoline (cow's milk mozzarella balls), and picked them up the next delivery day, which has never been longer than 2 days.

It looks like they have 2 stores in the St. Louis area. I checked each store's website, and it doesn't appear they carry the Grande diced mozzarella, but it would be worthwhile to call them to see if they can order for you.

Grande doesn't sell retail direct. I've communicated with them via email, and they provided a listing of stores in my area that carry some of their products. I have found this to be hit-or-miss regarding which of the Grande cheeses these outlets stock or can order.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T