A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizzeria Bebu, Chicago, IL  (Read 451 times)

Online timgiuffi

• I Love Pizza!
Pizzeria Bebu, Chicago, IL
« on: July 05, 2019, 10:27:01 PM »
We had lunch at Pizzeria Bebu today. Jeff V. recommended it a few months back and it did not disappoint. The pizza was excellent, the best I’ve had in a while. We tried two pies, one with sausage, broccoli rabe and ricotta and a white pie with bacon and caramelized onions. The crust was great, really crispy and lots of flavor and a great chew. We also got a nice salad to start and a great bottle of rose.
For dessert we got ‘Nora’s Cookie’ which happens to be my daughter’s name. A gooey chocolate chip cookie baked in a cast iron pan with a scoop of vanilla.
Hopefully we’ll make it back soon.
Quote from: HansB on Yesterday at 07:19:39 AM
“You only need to rotate it if it needs to be rotated.“

Offline MisterPKM

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzeria Bebu, Chicago, IL
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:06:57 AM »
Was just coming to this section of the forum to see if anyone has been yet. Looks a little steep for what you get, but looks good nonetheless.

@tim , do you have any other recommendations for pizza in Chicago at the moment? May be in town at the end of the month and looking for something memorable.

Offline hammettjr

• Supporting Member
  • Matt
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
Looks good. I was hoping to see the cookie!

Matt

Online timgiuffi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »
Was just coming to this section of the forum to see if anyone has been yet. Looks a little steep for what you get, but looks good nonetheless.

@tim , do you have any other recommendations for pizza in Chicago at the moment? May be in town at the end of the month and looking for something memorable.

I actually thought the pizzas were priced well at around 20 bucks for a 14 inch pie. They also allow half and half for all the pizzas.
I’m sorry to say that I haven’t visited many of the pizza places in Chicago except for the famous deep dish places, which all suck. My brother, a pizzeria owner, was just in town and ate Pizzeria Due and had the same thought as me that the crust tastes stale.
Two places I hope to get to soon are Coalfire and Paulie Gee.

Looks good. I was hoping to see the cookie!

I totally forgot to take a picture of it!
Quote from: HansB on Yesterday at 07:19:39 AM
“You only need to rotate it if it needs to be rotated.“

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 03:54:24 PM »
I actually thought the pizzas were priced well at around 20 bucks for a 14 inch pie. They also allow half and half for all the pizzas.
I’m sorry to say that I haven’t visited many of the pizza places in Chicago except for the famous deep dish places, which all suck. My brother, a pizzeria owner, was just in town and ate Pizzeria Due and had the same thought as me that the crust tastes stale.
Two places I hope to get to soon are Coalfire and Paulie Gee.

I totally forgot to take a picture of it!
We have been to both Coalfires a couple of times each. It is excellent for dining in but does not travel well at all, as they say on their web site. Even so, we had it as takeout a couple of times during my lengthy stay in Chicago as I was unable to go out. It’s a fun place.

-Tony

A D V E R T I S E M E N T