A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Lou Malnati's Sausage Butter crust and a few other goodies!  (Read 292 times)

Online gman1973

Here is the Lou Malnati's Sausage butter crust pizza 14". I also did 2 Stromboli's and 2 I'd classify as American Pizzas.  More photos later

Online gman1973

Re: Lou Malnati's Sausage Butter crust and a few other goodies!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 03:36:50 AM »
And these

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 03:43:09 AM »
Looks tasty!

Were these all on the same day?

Online gman1973

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 11:34:05 AM »
Yes did them all last night for the UFC fights. It was a lot of work. I am pooped today. Lol.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 11:50:52 PM »
Those boli's look good as can be!!  :chef: :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online gman1973

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 03:53:48 PM »
Those boli's look good as can be!!  :chef: :drool:

My buddy said they were the star of the show. I'll tell you what though, the chicago pizza was way better heated up the next day. Anyone know why that would be?

Offline HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »
My buddy said they were the star of the show. I'll tell you what though, the chicago pizza was way better heated up the next day. Anyone know why that would be?

“Most people swear that their soups and stews taste better the next day.  But why?  I have a couple of theories about this:

Theory 1: The flavors in your stew/soup/braise/curry benefit from concentration or reduction.  This happens with long, slow cooking and cooling.  During these processes, some of the water in the dish evaporates leaving more concentrated flavors behind.  But, Diane brings up a good point.  Often the food tastes better after a period of refrigeration and reheating.

So, here is Theory 2:  it’s kind of like tempering chocolate.  I know; work with me here.  The cocoa butter in chocolate is made up of several different fats that all have slightly different melting points.  The purpose of tempering is to get the fats to crystallize at the same time, providing that snap, sheen and resistance to melting that define chocolate in good temper.

So, to temper chocolate, you go through a process of heating, cooling and reheating the chocolate to a good “working temperature.”  Now, this might be a bit of a stretch, but think of all of your ingredients as the different compounds in cocoa butter.  Each one releases its flavors at slightly different temperatures and under slightly different conditions (this is why adding some alcohol in the form of beer, wine or even spirits to a dish often rewards you with a more complex end product–some flavor compounds are not water soluble, but alcohol is soluble and won’t develop unless you introduce alcohol to the mix).

Once you’ve cooked your stew/soup/braise/curry to doneness, the cooling and reheating “tempers” those disparate flavors; they “marry” into one harmonious and complex overarching flavor profile with all sorts of nuances.  And that is why I (almost) always exercise supreme restraint when making a braised/stewed dish and wait and serve it the next day.”
Hans

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »
Any Italian nonna worth her oregano will tell you to serve that lasagna the next day....😎
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 06:51:53 PM »
Is that a backhanded casserole reference, Bob?
 :-D :-D :-D

wordpress