A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pièce de résistance  (Read 218 times)

Online GumbaWill

• Many paths lead to the same destination
Pièce de résistance
« on: July 08, 2019, 07:10:29 PM »
This weeks Roadside Pie King master piece...

Fresh Corn beef Pie.

The Filling:

cabbage, onion, potato and carrot. Gravy from the beef drippings. Filling was sautéed in the beef fat with a little added lard. Yum! I put the beef on top so every slice is nice and meaty. Looking good.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pièce de résistance
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 10:51:08 PM »
That looks and sounds incredible! Going to clone that chit!!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 11:40:20 PM »
What does that rascal weigh in at? It looks great. Trying to figure out how long (days) it would take me to eat it.
-Tony

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 01:06:56 AM »
That and some creamy horsey sauce.....I could put a pretty good dent in it!!! :drool:
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Online GumbaWill

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »
What does that rascal weigh in at? It looks great. Trying to figure out how long (days) it would take me to eat it.
Tonight will be the third and last night of dinner sized slices for the wife and I. She also took a nice sized slice to work today. Hope that helps!

Online GumbaWill

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
That and some creamy horsey sauce.....I could put a pretty good dent in it!!! :drool:

Oh, crap. You just reminded me, I was supposed to add whole grain mustard to the filling! Next time I won't forget.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 10:53:20 AM »
Ooooooooh, now your just talkin' dirty, sexy chit at us!!!! >:D :-D
Jon

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 12:57:55 AM »
Never tried making a "pot Pie" Out of corned beef and cabbage. But if you want some more idea's for corned beef, you should try making Haluski with corned beef. Its a polish dish, and its delicious. Adding Corned beef just throws it over the top.