A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Recent experience with PennMac  (Read 323 times)

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Recent experience with PennMac
« on: July 12, 2019, 12:12:21 PM »
I thought I'd share a recent experience that I had with Rose at PennMac.

I ordered a 5-pound bag of Ezzo Supreme pepperoni. My order arrived with no issues (pepperoni was still half frozen, dry ice and ice packs still intact inside). After a full thaw, I opened the bag and tasted the pepperoni. It didn't taste like Supreme, it tasted like the Ezzo GiAntonio. A quick char test in the oven confirmed that I was sent the wrong product (the pepperoni did not char black under the broiler).

I contacted Rose and asked if there was any possibility that they shipped the wrong pepperoni. She sent this reply (and photo):

Hello Steve,.

Because of this email we just had pizza pepperoni school here at Penn Mac.

We made a very large pizza (thank you by the way, I was hungry), with
1/2 GiAntonio and the other with the Supreme.

I have a pic if you have a phone where I could send it.

Now everybody at Penn Mac knows the difference, because you had to be
sent the wrong pepperoni.

Go ahead, order some SS, that is what you will receive.

I only have the Supreme on our website.

Thank you, Rose

Wow. They actually made a pizza using both to educate their staff. Anyway, I just ordered the Supreme Special and looking forward to using it (I decided to keep the GiAntonio since it's very tasty too).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:26:59 PM by Steve »

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Recent experience with PennMac
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
Meh ... they admit screwed up your order and made you re-order instead of just going ahead and correcting it???  ::) Did they make you pay for the reorder, too?

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 03:04:12 PM »
Meh ... they admit screwed up your order and made you re-order instead of just going ahead and correcting it???  ::) Did they make you pay for the reorder, too?

It sounds like they made an innocent mistake. She admitted that they sent the wrong item and asked me to reorder it (and guaranteed I'd receive the right item). My credit card was not charged.

Offline tedcholl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 04:25:09 PM »
I also recently ordered 15 lbs of the "new" pepperoni and was surprised when I used it and it didn't char like in the photos.   I didn't understand why but now I do.   I was sent the wrong pepperoni as well.   I don't plan on taking action because I like the pepperoni I have.  Eventually I'll need more pepperoni and perhaps will get the correct pepperoni then.  Thanks for the post and clearing this up for me!!

Offline Steve

• Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
Ran by the house today at lunchtime to grab the replacement pepperoni shipment from PennMac. Opened the bag and tasted... yep, tastes like Supreme Special. Turned on the broiler and cooked the old next to the new. Yep. The first shipment was Ezzo GiAntonio for sure, what I got today is definitely Ezzo Supreme Special. Both are excellent pepperoni, but I prefer the char flavor.

Thanks, Rose, for quickly making this right.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T