A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Dialing in the Ardore  (Read 387 times)

Offline bakeshack

Dialing in the Ardore
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:55:58 PM »
Iíve had the Ardore for a few months already but I havenít really used it enough to have a set baking parameter that I like yet.  I find the Saputo  tiles to be great for the first few pies and then after that, I have to let it saturate once again for another 10-15 mins before baking again.  I have to turn the pie more compared to baking in my WFO before but other than that, the results really exceeded my expectations. 

Baked these today.  24 hour room temp dough, 6 hrs bulk at 86-90F and 18 hrs balled at 70-75F.  Floor temp at 885-915F baked for 45-50 secs at medium gas settings. Super light to eat.   Sauce is from DOP Nina tomatoes, cheese is bufala mozz.

100% Caputo Pizzeria
62% water
2.5-3% sourdough
3% salt

Offline DoouBall

• Supporting Member
Re: Dialing in the Ardore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:53 AM »
The pizza looks fantastic!

I was wondering if you could please explain the reason you chose to do 6 hours bulk and 18 hours ball fermentation as opposed to 0/24, 12/12, 18/6 etc. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:41:58 AM by DoouBall »

Offline Irishboy

• Always do it with passion
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 02:53:45 AM »
Are you on factory floor or Saputo?
Pizza looks great
Josh

Offline ebpizza

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 06:04:06 AM »
Wow. Looks amazing

What size were the balls and was the swing in room temp between bulk and balls planned ?

Offline schold

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 06:44:41 AM »
Beautiful!
Cooking is not a recipe, it's a philosophy - unless it's pastry, then it's chemistry.

- Marco Pierre White

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:48:00 AM »
The pizza looks fantastic!

I was wondering if you could please explain the reason you chose to do 6 hours bulk and 18 hours ball fermentation as opposed to 0/24, 12/12, 18/6 etc. Thanks!

Wow. Looks amazing

What size were the balls and was the swing in room temp between bulk and balls planned ?

Thanks!  The plan was to do a 24-hr RT ferment and the 6 hrs bulk was just my reaction to how the dough was developing/maturing during the process to reach my goal.    I really wanted to do a true room temp without using my cooler, which makes it a lot easier to control, but I wanted to challenge the dough and see if I could reach 24 hrs at warmer temps.

At 6 hrs, the dough had some activity with about 20% increase in volume.  At this time, it was already early evening and the temp outside went down to about 75F.  I wanted to cool down the dough so I decided to divide into balls (285-290 grams each) and let it rise outside overnight. 

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 10:48:53 AM »
Are you on factory floor or Saputo?
Pizza looks great

Thanks.  Iím using Saputo tiles. 

Offline deb415611

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 12:47:55 PM »
Deb

Offline DoouBall

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
Thanks!  The plan was to do a 24-hr RT ferment and the 6 hrs bulk was just my reaction to how the dough was developing/maturing during the process to reach my goal.    I really wanted to do a true room temp without using my cooler, which makes it a lot easier to control, but I wanted to challenge the dough and see if I could reach 24 hrs at warmer temps.

At 6 hrs, the dough had some activity with about 20% increase in volume.  At this time, it was already early evening and the temp outside went down to about 75F.  I wanted to cool down the dough so I decided to divide into balls (285-290 grams each) and let it rise outside overnight.

Got it, thanks!

wordpress