A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Pizza party gas ovens price increase  (Read 3258 times)

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza party gas ovens price increase
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:59:13 AM »
Dear All,

Does anyone know why the prices have increased so dramatically for the pizza party ovens?

I discussed to buy an oven and was told it would increase somewhere in September, now it has increased start of August. I would not mind as much, but the price increase went from 525 Euro
to 900 euro's.

This just seems excessive, it's like to pharmaceutical companies in America -_-'

I like Simone and his customer service, but i would very much like to know the thoughts on this what seems to me to be an very excessive price increase and i have not read any actually changes to the apparatus to validate such increases.

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza party gas ovens price increase
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:03:30 AM »
I would like to note, because i do not want to come across as salty - I very much love the pizza party ovens, that is why i want to buy them, but at these prices i am just simply unable to and to me, the price increase seem to be so excessive that they require an actual change to the apparatus to validate the increase. If i am wrong in this matter, I would also love the arguments for that, as maybe I am wrong myself.

Offline JGallo81

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:34 AM »
I just noticed this too.  We’ve been putting extra cash away all summer for a Pizzaone and were planning on pulling the plug soon.  I guess I’ll just wait now to see if they run another sale in the fall or around the holidays.

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• We stand on the shoulders of giants.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »
I planned on buying one myself as well, actually maybe 2 of them. I wonder why the massive jump in price, taxes and fee's, raw material cost increase, labor costs higher?

Who knows?
Pizza is about balance, nothing more nothing less

Offline barryvabeach

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 08:26:30 PM »

Who knows?

In another post,  Simone said it involves the price of the gas burner, and pointed out that the pricing on his wood only ovens are not affected.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 08:41:27 PM »
I don't see why the vendor owes any explanations of the price increase. Surely they are constantly evaluating their costs, sales, projections, etc. and making adjustments to ensure their success. On the other hand, it would have been prudent to accompany the announcement of a major price increase with a well-publicized promotional period at the older price.

Market abuses of US pharmaceutical companies have nothing in common with this case. Also, a number of the most abusive big pharma companies are based in Europe (GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Roche, Bayer, AstraZeneca). I'm pretty sure Pizza Party isn't massively funding lobbying groups in D.C. to ensure they can gouge customers in need of life-saving pizza ovens. 

Just my 3 cents worth (available for a limited time for 2 cents).  :D

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »
Well said, Bill. Fwiw, I’m beholden to a big pharma company (Celgene) for the rest of my life. For 21 out of every 28 days it comes within $40 USD of swallowing the new price of the Ardore each evening. I am fortunate that it works for me and thankful for great insurance. I’m convinced these things are priced at whatever traffic will bear; also that they, as many other medical services do, have a different price for each responsible payer that comes along be it an insurance company or a patient.

That certainly is not the case with Pizza Party. I thought the Ardore was under-priced when I bought it. It did not stop me though.  ;D  Simone takes very good care of his customers. More than servicing the sale, he happily shepherds people (such as myself) through the selection and decision process as well as the details of each transaction and delivery. Each potential customer has a voice or vote. I hope we do not see him run too much further into the ground over this. Is it a preposterous price increase? Probably. Is there an explanation? Partially. The market will settle the price in time.
-Tony

Offline megan45

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:28 PM »
I don't see why the vendor owes any explanations of the price increase. Surely they are constantly evaluating their costs, sales, projections, etc. and making adjustments to ensure their success.

I concur completely that the vendor doesn't owe anyone (except, perhaps, any investors in the company) an explanation.

On the other hand, it would have been prudent to accompany the announcement of a major price increase with a well-publicized promotional period at the older price.

Here's the thing, though: as recently as two weeks ago (the last time I showed someone the Ardore page on the Pizza Party website), the website displayed an overlay on the Ardore tile and the webpage the clearly stating that the (ridiculously low) $600/$600€ price was a limited time, introductory offer that was heavily discounted vs. the regular price, AND clearly displayed the regular, non-discounted, price. Consequently, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone who was paying attention that the $600/600€ price would end at some point, and that the price would be substantially higher once the introductory promotion ended. If Simone is to be faulted for anything, it is for extending the introductory pricing far beyond (nearly 10 months: and credit to him for doing so) the 30/60/90 days one might reasonably expect for an introductory promotion: had he ended it after 30 days, or just after New Year, no one would have said jack squat.

I question the feasibility of announcing an impending price increase while simultaneously publicizing a promotion at the old price unless you limit the promotional price to current inventory, and even then, it's a lose-lose situation: either you take a financial bath if you receive orders in excess of inventory before the end of the promotional period, or you end up angering/disappointing would-be customers if you sell out before the announced date of the price increase.

Online HansB

• Lifetime Member
    • 500px
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 12:14:52 PM »
I concur completely that the vendor doesn't owe anyone (except, perhaps, any investors in the company) an explanation.

Here's the thing, though: as recently as two weeks ago (the last time I showed someone the Ardore page on the Pizza Party website), the website displayed an overlay on the Ardore tile and the webpage the clearly stating that the (ridiculously low) $600/$600€ price was a limited time, introductory offer that was heavily discounted vs. the regular price, AND clearly displayed the regular, non-discounted, price. Consequently, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone who was paying attention that the $600/600€ price would end at some point, and that the price would be substantially higher once the introductory promotion ended. If Simone is to be faulted for anything, it is for extending the introductory pricing far beyond (nearly 10 months: and credit to him for doing so) the 30/60/90 days one might reasonably expect for an introductory promotion: had he ended it after 30 days, or just after New Year, no one would have said jack squat.

I question the feasibility of announcing an impending price increase while simultaneously publicizing a promotion at the old price unless you limit the promotional price to current inventory, and even then, it's a lose-lose situation: either you take a financial bath if you receive orders in excess of inventory before the end of the promotional period, or you end up angering/disappointing would-be customers if you sell out before the announced date of the price increase.

^^^ Exactly...
Hans

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 12:39:02 PM »
And the justification for the $800 increase for the gas Bollare

Offline tkmcmichael

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 01:10:11 PM »
And the justification for the $800 increase for the gas Bollare
I am fairly certain he said the cost of the gas burner increased on his end so the consumer is going to see an increase as well. I can only assume the burner is larger on that oven than the Ardore so more of a price increase.

I can’t believe the amount of flack he is getting for passing along the price increase that he incurred from his supplier to the public.

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 01:12:26 PM »
I am fairly certain he said the cost of the gas burner increased on his end so the consumer is going to see an increase as well. I can only assume the burner is larger on that oven than the Ardore so more of a price increase.

I can’t believe the amount of flack he is getting for passing along the price increase that he incurred from his supplier to the public.
I don't mind a normal price increase  but 50% is not reasonable

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
That is all fair. and I agree, but in my case, i was specifically told i should buy it before September, cause that is when the increase would be....

Either way, i like simone and he definitely has the best interest of the customer at heart i believe, the pizza party ovens seem incredible and have heard nothing but great things about the product, I am still under the belief that people who give great discounts are just overcharging at the regular price, but that is their decision, as it is their product.

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 01:18:16 PM »
That is all fair. and I agree, but in my case, i was specifically told i should buy it before September, cause that is when the increase would be....

Either way, i like simone and he definitely has the best interest of the customer at heart i believe, the pizza party ovens seem incredible and have heard nothing but great things about the product, I am still under the belief that people who give great discounts are just overcharging at the regular price, but that is their decision, as it is their product.
I agree. Simone is great and I'm sure it's not his doing

Offline halfprice

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 01:19:35 PM »
I agree. Simone is great and I'm sure it's not his doing
I'm just mad at the increase and myself for not getting it months ago

Jerry

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
Same, i ordered the roccbox. Nothing wrong with it :)

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 01:42:44 PM »
As they say, %$# runs downhill and.......we are at the bottom! I can only assume Simone is someplace in the middle and it came from above him, and the middle guy catches the splash back!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59:49 PM »
If any one wants to buy my adore with saputo floor PM me. i have way too many ovens.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »
... the website displayed an overlay on the Ardore tile and the webpage the clearly stating that the (ridiculously low) $600/$600€ price was a limited time, introductory offer that was heavily discounted vs. the regular price, AND clearly displayed the regular, non-discounted, price. Consequently, it should have been abundantly clear to anyone who was paying attention that the $600/600€ price would end at some point, and that the price would be substantially higher once the introductory promotion ended.
Although it is not a popular phrase here at home, I refer to such things as “painfully obvious to the most casual observer.” The very thing you mention was the core of my appeal to my wife that “now is the time” when we purchased ours in late November.

I do feel bad for iLLEb that he saved and planned for what he was told but then it did not work out as promised (which may be the wrong word). And, I do feel bad for Simone. I think he has given a pretty good account of himself here over the past many months.

-Tony

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »
I'm just mad at the increase and myself for not getting it months ago

Jerry
In time, if you are anything like me, you will either forget or forgive yourself. :) I have become very good at not looking back where material things are concerned. It’s kept me more sane. Otherwise, some of the opportunities I have missed from investments to automobiles to infrequent wagers could have driven me nuts. Wrt to investments, I learned quite some time ago that I do not need to be the first person in or the last person out to be content and successful enough.

I am sorry you missed the deal though. Glad it was not something more important.
-Tony

wordpress