A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough  (Read 73471 times)

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Reverse Engineering UPN Dough
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2019, 08:59:30 AM »
Someday maybe after my kids are out of college (5 years).

Im telling you now then, Netherlands is the place to be, either way, ill make sure to visit someday.

*edit

Would you do it identical to the Garage or would you adjust for practical reasons?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:01:57 AM by iLLEb »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
I actually came pretty close to doing it last year, but there was just too many other things that I needed to do that I could not have given it my full attention.  It was not going to be Neapolitan though...  :-[
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:29:21 AM by TXCraig1 »
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2019, 09:36:07 AM »
I actually came pretty close to doing it last year, but there was just too many other things that I needed to do that I could not have given it my full attention.  It was not going to be Neapolitan though...  :-[

You know.. you find your heroes here and there out of nowhere, but then when you meet them and talk to them, they just manage to disappoint you in some way. NOT NEAPOLITAN?

No but jokes aside, im only coming if its neapolitan ;) Did you not go for nea because of the amount of work on a daily basis all the time?

And what type of Pizza where you going for? It seems like its in the picture but i just know to little about other styles.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2019, 09:48:20 AM »
It was/is going to be bar style but not because I like it better than NP. There are a bunch of reasons why it made more sense.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2019, 10:06:20 AM »

It was/is going to be bar style but not because I like it better than NP. There are a bunch of reasons why it made more sense.

I think we can all agree you should pick at least one day and make it Neapolitan day.

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2019, 06:02:48 AM »

What pizza type would you go for if you think solely about profits yet not giving up on quality?

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2019, 10:32:43 AM »
What pizza type would you go for if you think solely about profits yet not giving up on quality?

That would really depend on the location.

Offline iLLEb

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2019, 10:44:16 AM »
That would really depend on the location.

Yeah thats fair enough America has a lot more pizza variety than does the Netherlands...

What do you think of Tony Gemgniani's bussiness? I believe he does alot of different stuff on one location yes?

Its weird because when i first got into pizza i only saw stuff from him, but once i got more involved he just complete dissapears for some reason im not totally sure of :P

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
Yeah thats fair enough America has a lot more pizza variety than does the Netherlands...

What do you think of Tony Gemgniani's bussiness? I believe he does alot of different stuff on one location yes?

Its weird because when i first got into pizza i only saw stuff from him, but once i got more involved he just complete dissapears for some reason im not totally sure of :P

I've only eaten his Neapolitan pizza in San Francisco. It was very good.

Offline Whisky

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »

There is a pizza place local to me that was going to open as NP pizza. During their soft openings they got tired of having to explain what NP pizza is, and that the black spots are actually not burnt pizza. Before the grand opening they changed up the whole process and ended up with a bar/American style pizza......They are pretty damn successful at the moment.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2019, 04:52:53 PM »
There is a pizza place local to me that was going to open as NP pizza. During their soft openings they got tired of having to explain what NP pizza is, and that the black spots are actually not burnt pizza. Before the grand opening they changed up the whole process and ended up with a bar/American style pizza......They are pretty damn successful at the moment.

That's one of the reasons.

Offline an do

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2019, 03:41:41 AM »
Hey Guys,
I am new to this forum, so I hope everything works.
I watched so many videos of UPN dough and I really want to replicate it.
I did so many experiments but I am still not happy with the way the Pizza
turns out. I just want to ask how the dough is so abnormally light, smooth and soft.
What I noticed too, is that the dough he makes is not sticking at all. When I take
the dough out of the mixer with 64% hydration, the dough sticks on the table.
When I see Anthonys Video, the dough slides over the table and does not stick at all.
Do you guys got any Ideas how he is doing it?

PS: I am german so I hope my english is not to bad.