A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Burned Crust in Pizza Party Gas Oven - Newbie  (Read 503 times)

Offline pizzayum

• I Love Pizza!
Burned Crust in Pizza Party Gas Oven - Newbie
« on: August 07, 2019, 05:25:36 PM »
Hello,

I am pretty new at making pizzas.  I have a Pizza Party Gas pizza oven and love it.  I seem to have an issue with burning the crust and wanted to see what I am doing wrong.  I don't think I can take it out any earlier - its seems to be just ready when I take it out, when I do, but I get the "ring around the crust".  FYI - they taste really good.  Thank you.

Offline bbqchuck

Re: Burned Crust in Pizza Party Gas Oven - Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 02:24:01 PM »
I'm not familiar with the details of that oven, as I have had both the Blackstone and 2Stone gas ovens, but I would pull it earlier, when the cornice is slighty under done and crown it in the oven until the toppings are done.  That may mean you have to adjust the bottom stone launching temp up a bit to ensure the bottom is done earlier.

With my ovens, I would run the burner on a high setting until the oven base and top were at the temperature I was after, then turn them down to a mid setting to slow the top cook. I was always seeking the 800F-825F area.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:31:05 PM by bbqchuck »

Offline ARenko

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
What is your recipe?  What flour?  What cooking temp/ time?

Offline moose13

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »
Dough recipe? Flour type?

Offline AntonioT

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 12:05:01 PM »
I can see that you have the regular stone floor and not the saputo clay floor. That makes a difference. You probably want to back the burner off a bit and keep the temp around 750-775f. No higher than 800f

Do your pizzas have excessive amounts of flour on them to keep them from sticking to the peel when launching them? Raw flour scorches at those temps.

Are you using 00 flour?

How long are you cooking them?

On the saputo floor I run my oven 880-950f and 12 pizzas made from 225g 00 balls cook in 60-70 seconds. I turn them after 30 seconds. Turn again 10-15 seconds later. And then one last turn about the 15 sec after that. Possibly 5 second dome before removing.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress