A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Oklahoma onion burgers  (Read 4469 times)

Offline Dangerous Salumi

• Using our home grown culture to leaven our dough
Re: Oklahoma onion burgers
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2020, 04:40:02 PM »
My overall impression is "why did I eat this" when I have been there.
I give it a "meh" rating partly because it was 10 am when these pictures were taken.

Im sure they would be great if I was pissed out of my mind and it was 1am.
Drunk driving has lately been frowned upon so I doubt I'll get to enjoy these beauties with that type of reference anytime soon if ever.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:57:19 PM by Dangerous Salumi »
Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
When I make my "sliders" I use Martin's rolls (like WM does). They are in nearly every grocery store around me.
2.5 oz 80/20. I use an adjustable patty press,  make them an hour or two in advance and refrigerate them before I fry them in a cast iron pan with a handful of thinly sliced onions. Add cheese when they are flipped. They get ketchup, mustard and dill pickle slices. You must have fries when eating these. I eat fries with mayo.
You can see in the pictures, WM fries one side while the onions are on top and then flips them and puts the bun on top White Castle style.
All of the fatty cheesey stuff that makes it to the grill gets scraped up and put on the burgers too. 

Have a Dangerous day!

“They say that competitive eating is the battleground upon which God and Lucifer wage war for mens souls my friends, and they are right.”  - George Shea, Chairman, Major League Eating

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »
It looks like Martin's potato rolls are making their way into parts of Texas, in H-E-B retail stores located in Austin and Houston:

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/50231-martins-potato-rolls-expands-to-texas-market

Peter

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2020, 10:51:30 PM »
When I make my "sliders" I use Martin's rolls (like WM does). They are in nearly every grocery store around me.
2.5 oz 80/20. I use an adjustable patty press,  make them an hour or two in advance and refrigerate them before I fry them in a cast iron pan with a handful of thinly sliced onions. Add cheese when they are flipped. They get ketchup, mustard and dill pickle slices. You must have fries when eating these. I eat fries with mayo.
You can see in the pictures, WM fries one side while the onions are on top and then flips them and puts the bun on top White Castle style.
All of the fatty cheesey stuff that makes it to the grill gets scraped up and put on the burgers too.

Did you ever spend time in Germany? That's how I picked up the pomme frites mit mayonnaise, NOT to be confused with the abomination Miracle Whip!!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Did you ever spend time in Germany? That's how I picked up the pomme frites mit mayonnaise, NOT to be confused with the abomination Miracle Whip!!!
some folks grew up with The Whip, Jon. I like it on certain things...dry cure salami, for one, wakes up with that lil sweetness of MW.  🍻
To each his own though.....🤗
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Dangerous Salumi

« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2020, 05:15:21 PM »
Who ever created Miracle Whip is going to have some explaining to do when they meet St Peter.

I have almost always eaten, in my adult life, French Fries with mayonnaise at home or wherever I go.

Have a Dangerous day!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2020, 06:15:44 PM »
Who ever created Miracle Whip is going to have some explaining to do when they meet St Peter.

I have almost always eaten, in my adult life, French Fries with mayonnaise at home or wherever I go.
exactly what my German gf had always done...I add a lil hot sauce or garlic aioli to the Mayo... Good stuff. 🍻
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2020, 08:13:56 AM »
It looks like Martin's potato rolls are making their way into parts of Texas, in H-E-B retail stores located in Austin and Houston:

https://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/50231-martins-potato-rolls-expands-to-texas-market

Peter

Thanks for posting that. I never go down the bread isle and never would have noticed if you hadn't.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage