A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The End of Meat ?  (Read 8970 times)

Offline FeCheF

Re: The End of Meat ?
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2019, 10:18:42 PM »
really dude? 😆

Really older dude? Plant blood doesn't scare you?

Thats some feed me seymore type $hit.

For all we know, they are feeding these plants cows, thats why the plants taste like beef.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 10:20:27 PM by FeCheF »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2019, 10:47:48 PM »

Playin older dude card. 😆
It's a plant... That ain't blood chefy.  🤗

Prolly feed the plant cow manure... Blood? 🤯

See what age can do....🤩
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2019, 10:58:47 PM »
aren't you a little old for that....🤩

30 years ago.   The beets still get me every time.   It's scary.  I had GI bleeding/severe anemia/total kidney shutdown 7 years ago.  Red poop worries me.
John

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2019, 11:55:36 PM »
30 years ago.   The beets still get me every time.   It's scary.  I had GI bleeding/severe anemia/total kidney shutdown 7 years ago.  Red poop worries me.

I'm not the one to tell ya what's wrong or what's right....

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2019, 09:10:04 AM »
At least for now, Green Giant isn't planning to go the plant-based meat route:

https://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/14455-green-giant-to-stay-away-from-meat-alternatives-for-now

Peter

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2019, 10:41:18 AM »

I'm not the one to tell ya what's wrong or what's right....

This is more my speed: 
John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2019, 02:08:09 PM »
A local restaurant brought over a platter of burgers yesterday. they had meat and beyond meat burgers on the platter. had a beyond meat with cheese. Delicious and pretty much undetectable that it was non a meat burger.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
A local restaurant brought over a platter of burgers yesterday. they had meat and beyond meat burgers on the platter. had a beyond meat with cheese. Delicious and pretty much undetectable that it was non a meat burger.
Was the cheese from a cow or plant based? Nice gesture whatever it was.
-Tony

Offline parallei

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2019, 06:04:04 PM »

After all the chatter about these things on the forum, I purchased a couple of Beyond Meat patties the other day.  Disclaimer:  I'm not a big time red meat eater.  Lamb is my go to red meat, though a buddy of mine turns me on to Antelope back straps every year (marinate for an hour or two, grill one or two minutes per side).

I thought the Beyond Meat patties where pretty tasty and better than some of the 80/20 ground beef I've purchased.  Pricey. 

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »
Was the cheese from a cow or plant based? Nice gesture whatever it was.

not sure but going to say milk based. i need ti find out for sure.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2019, 07:44:49 PM »

This is more my speed: 

Jus a hug'in an a kiss'in... on warp speed.  🙃

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »
I am willing to try this Plant burger, but i need to know for sure its going to lower my BP. My Doctor said my BP is really high. Put me on lisnopril. Been on it a week, hopefully it doesnt give my dry cough. That said, i am a BK whopper fan. When i crave a burger, its a BK whopper. That said, i will look into this plant burger if it helps.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2019, 02:41:11 PM »
I am willing to try this Plant burger, but i need to know for sure its going to lower my BP. My Doctor said my BP is really high. Put me on lisnopril. Been on it a week, hopefully it doesnt give my dry cough. That said, i am a BK whopper fan. When i crave a burger, its a BK whopper. That said, i will look into this plant burger if it helps.
FeChef,

Actually, the Sodium quantity for a BK Impossible Burger is quite high, although it is possible to adjust the total amount of Sodium consumed in a day to keep it below the recommended level. I discussed this matter recently at Reply 4 at:

https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=58963.msg591669#msg591669

Since you mentioned that your BP is high, can you tell the value that the doctor said was high? I ask this question because doctors offices (and also dentists offices) are notorious for improperly measuring blood pressure, resulting in values that can be considerably higher than the values when taken properly. You can read how blood pressure measurements are supposed to be taken at this article:

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/why-lower-your-blood-pressure-if-it-was-measured-incorrectly/

You will note that the above article covers other aspects of blood pressure, including measures that can be taken to lower blood pressure.

In my own case, I suffer from the condition mentioned in the article known as "white coat hypertension" where the values of my blood pressure are higher when taken in doctors and dentists offices than the values taken in my home. And it was on that basis that I was at one point put on Lisinopril, and it was only after a single BP reading (of 150 over something). Upon the advice of my doctor, I decided to purchase a blood pressure monitor and use it in my home to get my own readings to be able to report on my findings to him during the next annual exam. I also embarked on a project where I took almost four thousand (the actual number was 3873, in 1291 sets of three spaced-apart readings) readings over a course of about a year. The readings were taken at different times of day (from morning to night, with an occasional day off) and under many different conditions (before and after meals, before and after exercise, and for all four seasons). Notably, I did not take the Lisinopril during the course of my research, and the exercise in my case was daily walks of several miles. I then prepared a summary of my readings on a monthly basis and presented them in a report to my doctor in three single spaced typed pages. And the average of all of the above readings came to 117.46/67.68. Also, I saw that my readings before and after taking the Lisinopril were not different. So, I discontinued the Lisinopril and told my doctor that I had done so. As for later studies and BP reports for my doctor (about a few weeks long), my readings were 122.29/72.41 and 123.6/75.7.

Of course, one cannot take my studies to apply to everyone. We are all different, and there is also a lot of disagreement among professionals (cardiac professionals, researchers, and peer reviewed articles) about what blood pressure numbers one should try to achieve. And there can be risks in trying to force low numbers through the use of medications, such as people--and especially the elderly--ending up with such low numbers that they get dizzy and faint and injure themselves. However, I learned an enormous amount about the subject of blood pressure as it applied to me. I actually think that I got to know about blood pressure and its application to me more so than my doctor. In my opinion, the reality is that doctors are in the business of treating problems by typically prescribing pills, not in educating their patients in solving the underlying medical problems. For example, it is estimated that the typical doctor's office visit is less than 15 minutes, so there is not enough time to educate patients on how to deal with their problems other than taking pills once they leave the doctor's office.

Peter

Offline steelplayer

• wailuaveggie
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2019, 04:08:07 PM »
Just for info, the sodium level in BK's impossible patty is 100 mg higher the the meat based patty.  The bun however has 410 mg. Actually, without the patty both have 750 mg of sodium.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:19:51 PM by steelplayer »
Tom

Where ever you are, you are fives miles from somewhere else...

Offline corkd

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
I love a burger as much as anyone. I figure if I can have a meat alternative every other one, I reduce my meat consumption significantly. I really like the beyond burger. You can sear a good crust on it in a pan, dress it up and you will be surprised how good it is.

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2019, 08:50:43 PM »
Picked up our GD from her little preschool thing and she wanted a Happy Meal. So I reluctantly drove over and got the chicken tender HM, Rosie wanted a fish sandwich and I figured why not, so I ordered the Impossible Burger, the guy chuckled and said sure! Took my money, gave us our food a drove away without the fake one. Backed up and asked about mine!? He said they don't have any there! Asked me if I wanted to order something else, I called him a fncking moron and continue my way home!!!!! >:(
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »
Rasmussen Reports, a polling company, conducted a survey of 1000 Americans on Sept. 1-2 to see how many had tried meatless fast food. The answer was nearly one in four, as noted at:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/september_2019/nearly_one_in_four_have_tried_meatless_fast_food

The questions posed can be seen at:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/questions/september_2019/questions_vegetarians_september_1_2_2019

Peter

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2019, 11:16:14 PM »
I love a burger as much as anyone. I figure if I can have a meat alternative every other one, I reduce my meat consumption significantly. I really like the beyond burger. You can sear a good crust on it in a pan, dress it up and you will be surprised how good it is.

Too bad it will litterally kill me faster then a Beef Burger. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. If Vegan's want to eat something worse for them just because it doesnt contain "red meat" more power to them.

Sorry Pete i havent replied. You have done some serious tests on your BP. I guess i am not as dedicated to my health as you. I go back in 3 weeks to have a bunch of blood work and tests done. Hopefully i just need some diet and exercise.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:22:16 PM by FeCheF »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2019, 11:21:41 PM »
Too bad it will litterally kill me faster then a Beef Burger. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. If Vegan's want to eat something worse for them just because it doesnt contain "red meat" more power to them.
because of the salt? If so, couldn't you just cut back a lil salt from something that day.... It's not like you're gonna be eating 3 of these a week, right?

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2019, 11:24:58 PM »
because of the salt? If so, couldn't you just cut back a lil salt from something that day.... It's not like you're gonna be eating 3 of these a week, right?

Sure i can cut back on salt. But what is the point of this fake beef whopper if it has more salt then real beef? Maybe i am just not understanding how this fad is better for anyone?