A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The End of Meat ?  (Read 10053 times)

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
Re: The End of Meat ?
« Reply #280 on: November 26, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
Peter, Iím finding IPO price of 25, initial trade price of 42, current price of 79 and change. Itís way down from itís ATH but well above IPO. That must be what you meant.

Thanks for the link. I will look it over but in 35+ years of trading through Merrill Lynch I think I have only been offered shares in any company at the IPO price twice. I donít even tell them I am interested anymore. Iwill look at the link though.
-Tony

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »
Peter, Iím finding IPO price of 25, initial trade price of 42, current price of 79 and change. Itís way down from itís ATH but well above IPO. That must be what you meant.
Tony,

Based on all of the promotional emails I have been getting trying to convince me to sign up for the IPO service, what you observed seems to be quite common, and they may have strategies to deal with such cases. The video at the link I gave you discusses how the new IPO service has been working and how it plans to continue to operate.

What I have also found quite interesting is that lately I have seen a spate of new service offerings where the promise, or at least the intent, is to find stocks to purchase that are "get rich quick" schemes that will make investors wealthy overnight. They all seem to have videos to promote their wares, with an offer at the end to subscribe to the service. In some cases, they may even give a teaser "freebie" stock name to entice subscribers. 5G, and especially at the device and equipment level (and much less so at the service level, as in Verizon and AT&T), is an especially hot area for these services. All of this "get rich quick" stuff is new to me conceptually as one who follows what goes on in the investing world. Even Bill O'Reilly, a man who has an estimated net worth of around 85M, is getting in on the act:

https://signup.oxfordclub.com/X300V8FE

Peter

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #282 on: November 26, 2019, 05:39:09 PM »
Pathetic.

The End of Meat O'Reilly?
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #283 on: November 26, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »
Pathetic.

The End of Meat O'Reilly?
Craig,

When I last posted, I had not seen the O'Reilly video, so I decided to watch it. Unsurprisingly, it was another 5G stock that was discussed at length without revealing the name. To get the name, as well as other recommendations, one would have to subscribe to the service.

Peter

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #284 on: November 26, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »
Investments aside, Dunkin Donuts started selling a Beyond Meat Sausage , egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, that is pretty tasty.

Perry

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #285 on: November 26, 2019, 11:44:59 PM »
Investments aside, Dunkin Donuts started selling a Beyond Meat Sausage , egg and cheese breakfast sandwich, that is pretty tasty.

Perry
Interesting. So that is at least two national chains they are able to supply? I wonder if the cheese was plant based. I think I may have asked the same thing about the BK sandwich, not sure.

I live in the next town north of Andrews University, a Seventh Day Adventist HQ with a large international population. Plant based meat substitutes have been available there for as long as I can remember. Kelloggís was founded in Battle Creek 75 miles east of here. If I recall correctly, that company was founded by an Adventist seeking to produce cereal based ďnot-dogs.Ē
-Tony

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2019, 07:07:40 AM »
I wonder if the cheese was plant based.

It's not. Neither is the egg.  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2019, 07:13:54 AM »
It's not. Neither is the egg.  ;D

Huh?  Cows and chickens are made of plants.
John

Online Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2019, 07:25:48 AM »
The cheese and egg are not plant plant based in the article I read. Some are suing these these places for not having dedicated grills to cook the veggie stuff thought!!!
Jon

ďThe two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.Ē            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2019, 07:36:59 AM »
Huh?  Cows and chickens are made of plants.

I agree, and the process by which the animals convert plants to protein is much more natural and organic than these alt-meats :-D

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2019, 09:09:49 AM »

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »
In developing the new products, Nestle commissioned a consumer survey that found nearly half of consumers have either integrated plant-based meat into their diets or would consider doing so long term. Additionally, 3 in 10 who have not yet tried plant-based meat said they would do so if given the opportunity. Nearly half of consumers said they would be very likely to try plant-based meat if used in pizza or lasagna, according to Nestle.

My guess is that the responses would be a little different if the consumers were asked the same question with the addition of the price differential.

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #292 on: December 04, 2019, 11:02:37 AM »

Online foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #293 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:47 AM »
https://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/14653-nestle-unveils-complete-plant-based-bacon-cheeseburger

Bacon ...
Things are getting serious now.
Címon, it's bad enough theyíre using turkey for some bacon and pepperoni; even worse combinations in hot dogs.
-Tony

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #294 on: December 04, 2019, 02:36:56 PM »
My guess is that the responses would be a little different if the consumers were asked the same question with the addition of the price differential.
^^^.  Soooo true. 🤮
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #295 on: December 04, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Bacon ...
Things are getting serious now.

That may actually be a crime in some states  ;D

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #296 on: December 04, 2019, 03:02:06 PM »

Iím betting most people, not pinching pennies, are happy to pay a little more for a product they believe is healthier, or a product that makes them feel good.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2019, 07:47:19 PM »
Iím betting most people, not pinching pennies, are happy to pay a little more for a product they believe is healthier, or a product that makes them feel good.

A little more. It's a little more than a little more from what I've seen. Around here anyway.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #298 on: December 07, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2019, 12:46:31 AM »
Public schools and prisons have been stretching real meat with meat alternatives since the 70s. Textured vegetable protein is not new.

Whatís crazy is that same TVP is being used by impossible burger as the base for their product. You can find the stuff for 2 dollars a pound at retail. They are close to 10... Iíd give it a go if it were t significantly more expensive than good ground beef.

That being said, I donít think the impossible burger is difficult to replicate. Iíd wager 80% TVP, 20% refined coconut oil, a binder (they use methylcellulose but something like sticky rice or glutinous rice powder might work well...) some flavor components (the big one being something with an iron like taste or just some drops of liquid iron) and beet juice or powder for color.

They have a video of hand mixing the product in the lab - itís almost crazy how simple it is.  Hydrated TVP, flavor broth, ďhemeĒ aka the iron taste and red color, hydrated stabilizer (methylcellulose) and the fat component. 5 bowls

How about a blend of fake and real meats, for the flexitarians amongst us?

https://www.wired.com/story/the-not-future-of-meat/?utm_source=Daily+AR&utm_campaign=84fea5cf01-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c08a59015d-84fea5cf01-140324505

Peter
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:51:20 AM by hotsawce »