A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The End of Meat ?  (Read 8202 times)

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Re: The End of Meat ?
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2019, 01:06:56 AM »
I remember the old Stewart sandwiches back then in the gas stations, I actually got to like the taste of their soy burgers, part tvp, part burger and other stuff! Good after bars closed of on a Saturday night!😂
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2019, 02:21:21 AM »
I remember the old Stewart sandwiches back then in the gas stations, I actually got to like the taste of their soy burgers, part tvp, part burger and other stuff! Good after bars closed of on a Saturday night!😂

In the late 60s, early 70s we went most Sundays to a local drag strip... it was surrounded by soy bean crop.

The snack shack sold, what everyone called, soybean burgers..... Man I loved those things!!   :drool:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2020, 04:55:48 PM »
It looks like Beyond Meat is on the rise again, mainly based on product demand and covering of short trades:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/beyond-meat-is-on-the-move-again-making-big-swings-and-burning-shorts.html

Peter

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:49 PM »
It looks like Beyond Meat is on the rise again, mainly based on product demand and covering of short trades:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/14/beyond-meat-is-on-the-move-again-making-big-swings-and-burning-shorts.html

Peter

I tried the impossible whopper last week for the first time. It was horrible. While it might have resembled meat, it was like taking a 99% lean eye round, grinding it into a paste patty, then cooking the crap out of it till it was the texture of those beef jerky rounds they squeeze out of a jerky gun.

Also, everytime i see that beyond burger meat packages in the grocery stores, there is a $3.00 off sticker. So as far as that link says,

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:05:00 PM by FeCheF »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2020, 09:13:24 PM »
I tried the impossible whopper last week for the first time. It was horrible. While it might have resembled meat, it was like taking a 99% lean eye round, grinding it into a paste patty, then cooking the crap out of it till it was the texture of those beef jerky rounds they squeeze out of a jerky gun.

Also, everytime i see that beyond burger meat packages in the grocery stores, there is a $3.00 off sticker. So as far as that link says,

$3 off!! So that would bring it down to around 7 bucks a pound?!?!🤣
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #305 on: February 11, 2020, 04:30:59 PM »
https://www.grubstreet.com/2020/02/unreal-deli-plant-based-corned-beef-sarges-delicatessen-nyc.html

Now we have NY style corned beef specials to add to the plant based menu.

Perry

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #306 on: February 11, 2020, 04:44:38 PM »
Yuk!!  🤕
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"