A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: The End of Meat ?  (Read 8969 times)

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: The End of Meat ?
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »
I like my meat to be meat and my vegetables to be vegetables. That being said, if you can make me a veggie Kobe ribeye that indistinguishable from the real thing and costs the same as soybeans, I'm in.  ;D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2019, 02:10:12 PM »
Some of my choices at the grocery store today. Which did I pick  ???  or which didn't I pick  :-D
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, baker's yeast when we must, but always great pizza."  

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
I had the opportunity to try a Burger King Impossible Whopper yesterday, and I can report that is is every bit as distasteful as the real thing....or just as tasty, depending on your love of BK.

From a marketing standpoint, they have a winner, but it’s still a crappy fast food burger.

Perry

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2019, 10:24:39 PM »
It has occurred to me that by eating what livestock eats in place of eating meat, we may reduce the demand (slightly) for meat and therefore livestock. More sinisterly, we may be contributing to the long term starvation of animals. In my simplistic view, we have some groups telling us we should not eat meat because it’s wrong and cruel to animals, and probably better for us. ‘Impossible” and their ilk seem to be telling us animals are a problem, we have too many animals, you should replace some or all of the meat in your diet with plants based substitutes.
-Tony

Offline FeCheF

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2019, 08:59:36 PM »
Some of my choices at the grocery store today. Which did I pick  ???  or which didn't I pick  :-D

Im going with the prime1 for $4.49 vs the prime vacuum sealed for $3.99 because for .49 cents more it looks 10x better. Am i right?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2019, 09:08:01 PM »
Going with plant-based meats may help lower blood cholesterol levels of crows, as this video discusses:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peopleandplaces/crows-love-hamburgers-too-and-urban-diet-is-raising-their-cholesterol/vi-AAGlYOD?ocid=spartanntp

We may have to start adding statins to real burgers :-D. Or make it a crime for people to discard uneaten or unfinished burgers where scavengers might find them.

Peter

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza is not bread.
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2019, 09:44:55 PM »
Im going with the prime1 for $4.49 vs the prime vacuum sealed for $3.99 because for .49 cents more it looks 10x better. Am i right?

We have a winner!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2019, 08:44:42 PM »

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

E.
John

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2019, 11:45:25 PM »
A Forbes writer is not crazy about the prospects of the Beyond Meat stock:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliviergarret/2019/09/03/beyond-meat-will-crash-when-investors-realize-what-its-really-selling/#7230772c5ea2

Peter

Pretty much everything that article said, I agree with! Those of us old enough have seen it many times before!!
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2019, 09:08:26 AM »
Now Kellogg is expanding its plant-based line of foods, and also plans a "leaf jerky":

https://www.foodbusinessnews.net/articles/14440-kellogg-expanding-plant-based-portfolio

Peter

Offline G Pizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2019, 09:18:22 AM »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2019, 09:29:02 AM »
Interesting article, thanks for sharing it.
G Pizza,

My pleasure. It seems everywhere I turn on my Internet travels there is something new on the subject. I find the plant-based meat saga fascinating, and I am glad Perry started the thread.

Peter

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
Jon

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

If you don't think you're getting what you should out of life.....maybe you're getting what you deserve       -the Root Beer Lady

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2019, 03:01:22 PM »

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2019, 03:14:12 PM »
As the Forbes analyst says.....when it all comes tumbling down! Not saying this whole plant based stuff is good or bad, we need choices, but the craze will start to fade in a year or two......or sooner! Time will tell!!!
Jon

Offline jkb

• Supporting Member
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »
As the Forbes analyst says.....when it all comes tumbling down! Not saying this whole plant based stuff is good or bad, we need choices, but the craze will start to fade in a year or two......or sooner! Time will tell!!!

I wouldn't count on it.
John

Offline Jackitup

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2019, 04:27:26 PM »
I wouldn't count on it.

Maybe not TUMBLING down, but the craze will fade and it will just be another choice!
Jon

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
Testing some vegan meat replacements for my restaurant. There is a “vegan challenge” in our city for the month of October and we agreed to participate. I made sausage with the beyond meat ground beef. It wasn’t at all. Much better than the vegan cheese I use.

wordpress