A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Author Topic: Breadstone oven shipping to new home  (Read 332 times)

Offline nwemerys

• I Love Pizza!
Breadstone oven shipping to new home
« on: August 25, 2019, 09:43:30 AM »
I hope we can gain some insights on moving our oven across country.  Itís a 800B raised, fully assembled, and on Antoineís cart.  Apparently it weighs about 1800 lbs and, if shipped as-is, will require a crane to lift it from our back yard.  Any ideas as to the shipper? 

I was also considering just taking it apart, taking the exterior stucco, wire, and insulation to the landfill and have the movers handle it.  No need far a specialized shipper or crane, but have no idea how to crack off the stucco without potential damage to the oven components.

Any helpful insights would be most appreciated!  I would think others have needed to move their ovens too so hopefully we can benefit from that experience.  TIA.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
Re: Breadstone oven shipping to new home
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 10:37:02 AM »
When you say, "take it apart" do you mean totally apart - like 3 dome pieces and the floor? I think you might have a hard time doing that because I believe the dome pieces get grouted together. Also, if a fence is the only reason for the crane, you might be able to just temporarily remove a panel/section and get the oven out.

I would look at the price to get the oven out of my yard (two options - crane or dismantle/re-insulate with probably at least $300 worth of blanket/new stucco), pack it, ship it across the country, and then getting it into my new yard and compare that to the price of replacing the oven. If those numbers are in the ballpark of the oven cost, I'd get a new oven shipped to the new house and use the old oven as a selling feature at the old house. Raise the asking price a little bit. "Check out this outside area, complete with a wood fired oven!"

Offline nwemerys

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
Thanks.  The modular system, per the website, can be dismantled since there isnít really any meaningful adhesive to prevent it.  The key of course is to remove the outer shell of stucco.  Since I have about 7k into this, I think itís worth it to move as opposed to buying new.  The buyers waned it, but it wasnít worth it to them to pay for it...they donít eat pizza.  Heresy.

Offline foreplease

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »
Craig (TxCraig1) has considerable experience moving a large WFO.

This is a good read.  :-D
https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=13438.0
-Tony

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

wordpress